Quick Post

Not manic Monday

Not manic Monday
  • Off to the coast for four days of rest, relaxation and seafood.

Chiro did Jet yesterday. His right shoulder was definitely out.

On weekends Richard and Shirlene stay in a hunters cabin adjacent to their property.
    During the week they are at Fisher House rehab at Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

Have a relaxing week everyone!

• 92 in the shade here today.  Kept the horses in the barnyard so they would be hand for the vet visit. this morning.  I called at noon.  Vet called back.  She forgot to put the appointment on her calendar and apologized and asked if Wednesday will do.  Yes.  It is either that or call someone else.

When we got home from Church yesterday...with a visit after with our "connect" group, I found a voice mail.  A guy who takes hay to the local auction had called to say I could pick some up at his place...Truck has heavy mats, blew my shoulder moving some of the mats Saturday and I had to say no and ask him to remember me for the next batch.  I don't have a place ready here either.  Drat...would love to have that hay in the barn

I am confident I can get my rounds from the neighbor so I am not worried.  It actually works out cheaper in the rounds

Ham cooking.  Cauliflower ready to mash and season....won't take much to get dinner on the table when Cal gets home.  Sure thankful for our little air conditioner...if it doesn't cool down much tonight I might just sleep on the couch near the air.

After dinner, I went over to the barn to feed.  I set the grain, fed the barn kitties and turned on the hose.  Whisper came over and stood in the spray.  The turns and goes back and forth so I get all of her.  Skidder didn't want to until Cal came over.  I turned the hose on Skid and he stood so Cal took over and showered Skid.  They seem to like a cold shower in this hot weather.

Their feed pan with loose salt in it had water from the rains.  I looked over and saw it was on end.  When I got over there, it was as it should be.  Water out, just salt in there.  Guess they felt it was better than the selenium block I set out for them.  Smart buggers.