Quick Post

Finally Friday!

Finally Friday!
  • i think summer is about to arrive. altho it wont make the national news, its supposed to be near 90 degrees tomorrow. at least i have someone to blame for all of us melting. its Cook's annual Timber Days event. if it doesnt rain, its gawdaweful hot for this 3 day event >.

so.... tonight we are going to go look at a new ride for Brent... a chrome pony, but its what he wants. cross your fingers all will work out well. Its down in Duluth, so with luck, we will get to see oldest kid too.

tomorrow morning is pet show (4h club sponsors and runs event) that will start just at the temps really get going. (UGH) then after that is the motorcycle show and car show. my MC volunteers for the bike show, so of course ill take the Ruble Glide in. Jake wants to take the '77 in for the car show. Its still a work in progress, but this old F250 Highboy is starting to look pretty sweet!

With luck, Brent's bike will be out of the shop today, so we can have a nice ride to the Grad Party after the bike show, then head off to another MC's party after that.

are you tired yet? LOL Parade on Sunday for my MC.

Congrats on the new granddaughter! do you have a new horse picked out for her yet, Connie? ;)

best get after my honeydo list... it will soon be warm enough for the horseflys to come out. Ill have to bring Ike in. cross your fingers that just maybe it will stay cool today.
  • YES tired. I'm thinking you're talking about the upcoming week but that's just your Saturday! Take your vitamins!!! Really good to see you here. :)

I had a great day. I walked dogs. Little girl rolled on something stinky so I bathed her. Loaded up laundry, went down to the Dr appt which was pretty awesome. He and I started swapping "sea stories". I'm pretty healthy.  

I  saw a previous coworker there and that was great talking with him. He's doing really well. Then I did laundry and came home to dry it. Got dinner and I'm good for the night! Well, gotta walk the dogs again.

Busy but nothing compared to DB!!

• Yesterday, when the horses came in, I took off Whisper's fly mask.  Her right eye was swollen and half shut.  I checked her eyelid and it was angry red.  I came back to the house and found the tube of eye ointment I had gotten the last time a horse had an eye problem.  I put some on the inside of the eyelid and it was almost instant relief.  She opened and closed her eye so much better.  Went over later and the eye had been weeping.  More ointment.  I put ointment in it this morning, noon, and this evening.  It looks normal.  I assume she scrubbed her head on something and the mesh on the fly mask scratched her eye.  Thankful she is easy to work on.

My regular dentist sent me to and endo something or another for a root canal.  In and out in a little over an hour.  It was a simple and painless procedure.  Glad it is done.  Now for the crown.

Machinery auction tomorrow.  They have some really nice mats for stalls or trailers and we will try to get them.  There are some smaller thicker ones, too that would be great in front of the barn.  The ones I have there are getting pretty ratty.  There was also a saddle rack from a trailer...would like that too.

Need to call the blacksmith...feet are growing so fast.

Have a super weekend, all.  Welcome back DB.  Great to "see" you.