Quick Post

Thursday three things

Thursday three things
  • on the agenda.
    Volunteer day, pick up Lucky Boy and an after work event with Miss B at her new job.
    Interesting how new things just pop up on the schedule.

Plus extra barn chores added in since all the horses are penned up due to the wet conditions.
    But we really needed that 2 inches of rain.

The new bobcat mower was delivered. A new tool that can't be used until the ground dries.
    Pilot made ruts in the runway just getting the bobcat to the road to get the mower unloaded.

Rain chances are still 50%. I hope the weather holds so we can go work wit Richard and Shirlene tomorrow.
    The boys can go with us. The forms for the concrete are what need to be worked on.
    I did not have any luck with motivating the concrete guy yet.
    However I do know another concrete person.

Richard had another milestone Wednesday - he walked all the way from their "residence" to the hospital, and back again without his walker.

Connie and Stude- I envy all your knowledge.

Everyone have a great Thursday.

• Thank you for the compliment, DH.  I have been riding for 62 years and never had the luxury of lessons.  I learned by doing.  My first steady ride was on a friend's pony.  He was stubborn.  Never kicked, nor bit but hard to catch and hard to motivate to move....really one of the best kinds to learn on, in my opinion.  My first horse would single foot.  Not  knowing anything about gaited horses  him a very collected canter, and lead changes, We would jump fallen trees...he didn't like set up jumps, would deliberately knock them down.  I borrowed a cutter and managed to get a harness and tried driving...he was good.  Ten years of working with Standardbreds taught me how each horse, like each person, is different.  Some worked with you, some you had to work around.  Ah, the past, and I am rambling on.

Sunshine here today.  Put a fly mask on Whisper for the first time.  It says extra small but is really too big.  Will check my trunks and see if I still have a smaller one.

Have a great day, all.  Oh, wonderful news about Richard.

• blahhhhhh.... With my old coworker gone (transferred to CA) I have a "fun" portion of his buildings. Just insanity. I'm so wiped out. At least it was a productive day. Plus a zone inspection with the base CO. OH we had an assembly - like we do periodically - all of Public Works and I stood up and basically reminded the guys to watch who they talk vulgar around because not everyone appreciates it and one day it will bit them in the butt. (not in so many words). Got some "thanks" from the ladies and management but... who cares what the perps think. I had a female tell me about something she overheard that was really derogatory about another female. She didn't know what to do so... I'm senior... I took care of it. Now if anyone complains, those idiots can't blame anyone but themselves. Lots of the guys don't want to hear that mess.

• Oh gosh DH, I'm blushing...

• Each horse is different and they have different moods form day to day. Grooming is so important as that is when you figure out the mood for the day.

• Also, grooming is the bonding experience for horses.  It is what they do to express respect and affection in their herd.  So yes, very important and much neglected among far too many horsepeople.

• We had a horse that if you rushed the grooming process and did not interact with him he was not so nice on the trail. Took your time and talked to him, he was great.