Quick Post

Thursday after work

Thursday after work
  • We are all home - all of the workers. That excludes girlzilla. No telling where she is. We won't sweat it.

Boy got his training date. Bad thing is, the trainer was talking about quitting, according to the last person who went through training. I just want him to get through it and gain the skill of certified dog groomer - clippers and all. :) He says he really doesn't want to do it forever but heck. He can go anywhere and develop his own clientele if he wants. Or he can transfer to other Petcos. And they are always hiring all over the place.

Me? I really hope I get that job just to get away from the madness. I'll keep the house until he wants to finish it and sell it. I don't know what the future holds but I'm not finished. I can progress in my career until it's over. Why stop here. Actually I could be perfectly happy at this level but this isn't where I want to die. I'm still valuable to my career field so why not grab the bull by the horns?

Okay gotta go! Sorry Stude, about this site. I really enjoy your contribution. It's a reason to celebrate (that's kinda what I thought it meant). :)
  • Hunter, in this country you are right.  cause cé·lè·bre is used for a common (as in community) celebration.  And what's more to celebrate than getting rid of the garbage?  You have no idea what a blessing regular garbage service is till one hasn't any.  It builds up into quite a pile amazingly fast!

We took Chocolate Drop (AKA: Kleiner Scheißkopf [kly-nah shy-ss-koff])  to the vet for his Gelding.  He was perfectly behaved for them (so they said).  Hopped right into the trailer for the ride home and was perfectly behaved for the trip.  He's currently out in the round pen with his Mum and aunties on the other side of the fence.

Lost my wallet this afternoon.  It was sitting on top of the bathroom heater in plain sight.  Black wallet siting on a black surface.   Oi...  One of the first places I looked, but didn't turn the light on and it's pretty dim in there without.  That and I appear to be getting blind...

Ah well, I have stalls to clean, horses to feed, and a door to trim with practically no time to do any of it as it's six already.

Hope everyone had a great Thursday and a better Friday!

By the by, if there are missing T's in my posts, it's because that key is broken on my keyboard.  It works obviously, it's just the square cover popped off and won't go back on.

• My favorite computer to use (we understand each other workings) has a key that stick, refuses to work, or just randomly begins to repeat itself.  Of all keys, it is the "f" key.

Stude, so glad you are making progress and that Chocolate Drop was a gentleman becoming a gentleman.  Here, the newest horse, been here two months, still thinks he is a stallion and when he is thinking that way, he looses what ever  he has in his head for brains.  His manners are improving and he is easier to work with but he still has those big boy thoughts and ideas and is proving that he might not fit here forever.  He went into a blind panic when Cal took Skidder out of the barn for grass.  Whisper was still there but Skid was not and he panicked so badly.  Even grain didn't soothe him. Cal says I am too long in the tooth to take a chance with a horse that doesn't always listen.  He would be safer if he had a freeze command but I can not seem to  get him to respond to one.  "hold" is working some but he needs a word or cue that will make him stand so he can be calmed down.  Had a mare when I was a kid who would listen to reason if given the cue to park out.  Wish he had a cue I could find.

Had a doozy of a thunder and lightning storm last night.  One lightning strike was so close I could hear the crackle before the boom.

• Sounds to me Connie as if you have a Cryptorchid or Monorchid horse.  Have you had your vet check to see if he is such?  The brain tumor operation on one of these is expensive, to say the least.  A Monorchid horse can be worse than a normal Stallion for some reason.

• If he has one up in, he still produces hormones and you are correct, the surgery to remove it is expensive.  I have not actually felt him, but he looks like a rather recent castration.  He has been here two months and was at his previous place 3-5 months and supposedly was already a gelding when they got him.  If he is that far from his brain surgery, he should be over the notion by  now.  He is only five or 6 and who knows what his life was before the one I got him from got him?  The story given her was he was a "rescue" from a big horse sale.  He might be fine  alone or with geldings, but  I am worried about him hurting Whisper.  If he is separated from her he wants to break things down to get to her.  If he is with her and she is in season, he goes through the motions. He is a lot bigger than she is and is gaining weight.  I worry he is going to damage her.  He is very bossy with Skidder and always tries to position himself between Whisper and Skid or Whisper and any person who is in the yard.  Hate to see him go, because he has made progress, but don't think keeping him is wise.  Whisper is a nice girl and Skidder, albeit short, is a well mannered boy.  I want to harness Skid and see if he drives.  If he does, maybe Cal can take up driving