Quick Post

Monday more

Monday more
  • horsey birthday wishes. Today is Sarcee's day!

Connie I'm very sorry for your loss. Lots of good memories I hope.
    Dana It looks like you had a nice Mother's day ride.
    And Happy belated Mother's Day wishes to all you moms.

V wasn't feeling well and cancelled riding.
    I wasn't having a good day either.

Board meeting this evening. It should be good and I'll get to see some friends.

Have a great Monday everyone!
  • Thank you for the condolences.

Yesterday, while out with Cal, I got a text from my oldest son wishing me a happy mother's day.  He included that they were praying for Cal and his family.  Sweet.  Later, I saw he had posted this on facebook, " Hugged my children when I got home. Because life doesn't send you an email telling you that the last time is forever."  I wondered what that was about.  I asked.  He is a volunteer fireman and he went on a call yesterday (Mother's Day).  Someone backing out of a parking spot didn't see an 8 year old.  The child did not survive.  I understood his caring messages better...he tends to be gruff and tough.  Yesterday he saw there is value in showing those you love appreciation.  So sorry for the families involved.  The driver was only 19.

Strange weather lately.  It was dark and brooding out all day, chilly with a wind.  Put the horses in a little early and put the blankets back on.  Before I left the barn the sky was blue and the sun shining.

My thought for today is rather what my son shared.   Life doesn't tell you that the last time is forever.  Tell those you love that you love them.  Hug those close enough to hug.   I am thankful our church is well supplied with loving huggers.

• Sorry about your day. Mine was fine, I guess, considering it was a Monday. Sort of overslept but rushed and got there in good time. I'm kind of good at that. The Champlain job interview is tomorrow. This guy runs the Alexander Bay area, too, which was another job I applied for but they postponed filling that. At least he sort of explained what's going on with the Manhattan job.

Girlzilla. ugh. Way screwed up. I'd face 30+ inches of snow/yr than deal with this anymore.

• Started on Saturday to install the french doors on the back of Jmebear's house.  Finished on Sunday afternoon.  No more wiggly walls, no more deteriorating doors, just two beautiful white doors overlooking the barnyard.  What better view could there be, I ask you?  

Fixed the chicken house outer door this afternoon.   It had sagged and didn't have sufficient clearance on the bottom when originally put in.  Now there's an inch clearance and I attached he door jamb with screws this time.  So the door closes evenly, stays shut, and is easy to open. 

I also finished the floor in Jmebear's dining area.  The whole floor is now flat and one level.  She took pictures for the SHHIP bureaucrat so that he knows there is progress.  He's been calling and nagging about progress reports.  Jmebear wanted to give the volunteers six weeks before letting me loose on the projects.  Now I have to fix the rim-joist below the door and then start on the new back porches and finally the other back door.  So far, so good.

We attended our little Driving Club monthly meeting tonight.  Looks like we have a club outing in two weeks (Mini-horse show) and another in October.  I hope to have the horses going again this summer so that they can go along.

Hope everyone has a great week!  Face, I also hope you have a great time with the Grandkids!

• Stude. Grand kid time was awesome. It is really great to have them a 4 hour drive away as opposed to a full day of flying and driving. We need to use airline points to go to PA more often to visit in laws who will no longer travel and are not getting younger. We drive that trip in 2 days one way. Wife cannot handle being in a car longer.