Quick Post

Thursday thunder

Thursday thunder
  • storm chances are 40%

When I went to get squares the cube I got was still first cutting. The hay man said second cutting is already coming in.
    Time to start hauling in rounds for the year. Hmmm how many?

Yesterday Pilot decided we should go shop for chairs to add to the new table.
    We ordered eight that will arrive in a month?
    We tried a new lunch spot. Good and interesting. We will go again.

My friend who's ranch I took care of came by with a gift. She agreed to trade back care for my mine when we need it.
    We would like to make a run for the coast before school is out.

I found a drowned squirrel in the trough. I dumped and refilled.
    We still have a coon tearing up the bird feeders.
    It possible is the same one came back since it won't go into the live trap.

We are heading to Richard and Shirleene's early tomorrow morning. Just us two so far.
    A large work crew is set up for Saturday. My BIL and nephews are going to help with a couple jackhammers.

I saw a firefly last night. Just one. :(

Have a great Thursday everyone.
  • Well you can't have any baby fireflies if there's just one! I saw a hummingbird yesterday! (just one) There was an alleged sighting a while back and I stuck a feeder out. I'm thinking the sugar water isn't much good it's been out there so long. But the little hummer flitted around and drank for a while.

I'm off tomorrow and I have grandiose plans. I hope I get done a smidgen of what I'd like to do. Firefall is supposed to be playing at a festival at.... Misquamicut, RI. (had to look up the spelling) My coworker's uncle plays with them. They were on a cruise ship when the drummer I think it was from the band Boston passed away not long ago. There were several bands performing on board. Sad for them. But it's supposed to rain. I'd still love to go. That was a group I loved growing up.

Work has been crazy but super productive. So glad I have a 3-day weekend. Saturday I'll head up to Rhode Island to visit my Aunt Kitty and go antiquing with my cousin's wife. I like her. We haven't had much chance to visit because the first time boy went and we didn't do much but sit around. Then I went and my other cousins took me all over... I like them all but I'm not sure they all get along with each other. Trying to keep the peace. Hopefully it will be a fun day.

Sorry about your squirrel. Ugh. One time a lady (who was our babysitter) looked out the 2nd story window and saw something big in her pool. She ran down and it was a chow. All he had the strength to keep out of the water was his nose. He was juuuust about to give up the ghost. But she was able to pull him out. Whew!  That would be so traumatic. A squirrel is bad enough. You need to put a board in there so they can climb out. (thinking about Dani playing in the water)

• I have small waters out for the little critters and birds with sticks in them. I thought it would keep everyone out of the big trough .

I guess not dumb squirrels? Volunteer friend at Help Center had a 600 pound calf drown last weekend.

Tomorrow is Jet's Birthday. He is 19.

• We find drowned squirrels in the water barrels all the time.  The larger Troughs I put ladders of various types in so that they can get out.  dumping a hundred-fifty gallon tank is not something we can do when the pump won't supply the water to refill.   So I give the little...  #@*  of a *@#!!s a way out.

Just got back from a four day sojourn  at Fawn Lodge.  finally got the early '70's  Prowler demolished.  We got a lot of spare parts out of it for George's little trailer, also a Prowler of the same vintage (his is a '76).  We also found a lot of nasty stuff in the nooks and crannys of the demolition project.  Seems the previous owner was a Witch.  Yeah, I'm not kidding.  A bonafide Black Sabbath observing Witch.  Oi... some people.  

I took off the Carb. Manifold on my Stationwagon and found that there was no Mrs. Frisby stuck in a valve.  In fact, the valves look pretty good.  So now I am going to attempt to start the old girl up again and see if she will behave this time.  I might pull the Valve Covers and pre-oil the Valve Trains before attempting a start.  That might be the issue with the stuck valve, she has been sitting so long that the valves are dried out.  Definitely have to get her brakes sorted out.  Then she will be ready for the road again.  Looking forward to that a lot.  I do so love driving that old girl...

I need to get mouse traps for my own trailer in Fawn Lodge.  The mice are about carrying it  away.  Need them in Oak run for that matter too...

Back in Oak Run Tonight and all the kiddos missed me.  Such a nice feeling.  I do so love horses and dogs.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

•  Was awakened at 2:30 am.  Cal's sister called to say that their Mom had passed.  We were there to see her the first of the week and are very thankful we went.  She was 93 and was in a good place, the staff are very kind and caring.  She could not live on her own and they took good care of her.  

We got up and went to an auction at the local farm auction place.  I stayed in the truck and in the diner most of the time.  Cal was out in the rain...guess it was his way to mourn.  He bought a pallet of ceramic tile and I hope there is enough to do some of the projects here. Hoping to get a tile shower out of it.  He got a bunch of cupboards...wish he had asked me which batch I was interested in..  Yet, this batch does have a great counter insert that I can find use for.  Finally got him to understand what I want to do in the kitchen...I might start liking that room

He went to the barn with me this afternoon and I had him put Whisper's stable sheet on her.  He likes her and wants her so he needs to learn how to be with her.  It is a closed front baker sheet.  He put it on inside out and took it off and put it on again.  She ducked her head into it for him.  Sweet girl, she practically put it on herself for him.

Gelding and I are getting along.  He still is unsure...I really think he is gentle by nature but has been misused at some point.  Still have to ride him.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and a blessed Sunday/Mother's day.