Quick Post

Tuesday trickle

Tuesday trickle
  • We have had a couple drips of rain. It makes a trickling sound in the rainwater pipes.
    It needs to actually just rain. The second cutting needs to come in with good hay.
    The winds we have had just dried everything up practically overnight.

V and I had a nice ride on Sunday. Tex hasn't been ridden since Feb? He was good as gold.
    Such a great horse. Although he does still wiggle around for the farrier. Which we don't need.
    V did say she thought he was bigger than the last time she saw him. : 0
    I can't find *** collar tugs long enough for him so I am going to try using wither straps?

A couple quiet days here. So I think I will grab a cube of squares today. And maybe go to the grocery store tomorrow?
    Then it is busy again until Tuesday.

Everyone have a great week!

• A cube of squares. Sounds like the office IT geeks. LOL j/k I know...hay...

I applied for another NY job, same organization. I was surprised they had an opening and hadn't given me a firm start date for the other job. I'm not sure what the hold up is but maybe they're trying to figure it out and maybe this will help them. It's in Champlain.

Tex sounds so wonderful.

I think I'm going to plan a trip to Colorado. My sister and nephews are there - okay and her husband. Boy wants to go - he has a friend out there. I'd like to get my oldest son and his wife on board, not sure if they'll go or not. Something to think about. Now to figure out how to get over to AppyLady's. :)

• Champlain, NY?  Over 4 hours from here.  Do you speak french?  It should be beautiful county up there.

Glad Tex is such a great horse.  I need to get the vet out for spring vet work.  I need to get this gelding ridden.  I need to find out if he listens to his rider and if his little boy brain  listens.  He was good in the stall last night.  I  went in to put a heavier blanket on him and he started to 'boy talk'  Whisper and I told him , "No", and pulled his head back from their adjoining wall.  He did not argue with me and did not try to chat her up again while I was in there.  Possibly there is hope for him after all.  He is no longer cleaning up every bit of his hay so I think he may be getting full.  He has been here 6-7 weeks so that is a pleasant sign.  I looked at his first day here pictures and I can see where he has gained weight.  Seems a slow process with him, but at least it is progress.

We went and saw Cal's mother in the "home" Monday.  She looks good but seems not to be getting much mental stimulation.  She tried to talk with him.  He seemed to understand her, I had difficulty.  She wanted to just hold his hand and look at him.  We left with tears streaming down his face.  It hurts him so to see her like this yet he knows there is nothing we can do and even if she moved in with us, she would not be better.  In fact, we could not physically handle her and the care she needs.  Before this phase in her life, she was starting to get vague.  On the up side, she always knows us when we go to see her.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.