Looks like tomorrow Will officially be the first day of having to use fly masks here So sad because I love to see their beautiful faces. When I was bandaging Penny's leg tonight I noticed she kept stopping and kicking at her belly and when I looked closer I could see that there were gnats so I dug around and I couldn't find any fly spray but I found some bag balm that had a scent to it that I thought the gnats wouldn't like and Penny certainly enjoyed having me rubbing it on her belly button, udder and insides of her hind legs! We practiced some groundwork and she is getting much more responsive such as moving side to side, backing up, stepping up without me even having to touch her with the longe whip .

Quiet night here with Gary traveling . I hear your pain, Stude. I woke up about two with my ribs hurting as well as my sore throat. Tonight I was better prepared and I took one of the strong ibuprofen about nine so hopefully I will be OK.

Tomorrow I have a retirement workshop through the district which is exciting because that means I am getting somewhere near thinking about retiring! I have 27 years in with the district . After that I am coming home to hitch up the horse trailer, load up Tahoe's stuff and drive him to the stable in Pomona for Kelly. She will be very happy to have him there although he'll be coming back on the 17th I think because she has spring break. She turns 21 this month. Hard to believe!

I'm also planning on going to the movies with my old riding buddy who doesn't ride anymore . I think we are seeing Lala land. Hope everyone is well