Quick Post

Hunt Club Saturday

Hunt Club Saturday
  • Heading to Camden Hunt Club with Fancy and Eros to do some trail riding today. There is a hunt taking place this morning, just found out last night, so we are pushing departure back by an hour. Thankfully temps have cooled down and humidity has dropped so going later won't be bad. Trailer hooked up and ready to go. Need to check air in trailer tires as one looks low.

This trip will test a couple things. Will Apache survive Fancy and Eros being gone, he will have two arabs to hang out with. Can we get Eros to drink on the road. This is critical as we took him camping last year and he coliced the day we got back because he drank so little water. We go camping the end of the month so we have to figure out a way to get the boy to drink. Going to try hydration hay today, he loved it here so hopefully he will love it on the road. 

• Face, a Fox Hunt? That's exciting! Tally-ho! You might see a stray hound! I hope Eros is a good guy and drinks his water. I'm sure Apache will be a stellar horse as always, lol. Too bad he can't go.

Church this afternoon, hopefully. Watched two movies last night, Keanu, which was ridiculous-funny and Shallows which I ignored and went in the other room to read. Not fond of sharks. Don't want to watch them kill people. I'm glad it wasn't in Hawaii.

Still damp and chilly. Perfect Fox Hunting weather!! :) Actually not quite cold enough. Gotta keep the scent on the ground.

Happy Saturday!

• Foxhount, makes me wonder about Beau?

I was wishing for a fire also.

Chilly here. We are suppose to get an early frost. It will cause havoc with the citrus in the valley.

We spent the day yesterday cutting dead limbs and trees. Needed doing before the leaves fall and we don't know what needs to be removed.

Up and down ladders is tiring. We did not finish. = (

I made chicken *** stuffed with hatch peppers and wrapped with bacon.

Actually I 'm thinking the hatch peppers are not worth the extra effort.

I prefer poblanos. Now I'm hungry for chili rellenos. (too much work)

As long as I was stuffing chicken breasts, I did some with mushrooms, ham and swiss also.

I have been thinking about making sloppy joes also. Chinese would be good too.

Anyone else hungry? I need to empty some freezer space. as grocery store has chicken *** and ground beef on sale.

One remedy I found to avoid losing posts that you are typing,

Be careful if you copy and paste within your post that you DO NOT hit delete if you have highlighted text.

The whole post gets deleted.

You need to un-highlight and backspace the text out.

Not sure what is up for today.

I know LuckyBoy would like to ride some time this weekend.

Face - have you tried some apple juice in his water bucket while on the road? Have a  fun, safe ride

Hunterseat- Since it is takeout why can't you do both pizza and Chinese?

Everyone  have  a really fine day!

• pizza tonight. What a nightmare. I need to start worrying about my own meals and let anyone else fend for themselves.