Quick Post

Saturday Sleep-in (not)

Saturday Sleep-in (not)
  • It was all in the plans but...when I get up the dogs get up. Just a simple, quick potty break, is that too much to ask? Apparently. lol Hey, I can't complain about sleeping until nearly 6am. That's the established breakfast time anyway. They don't have too much to look forward to. Food is at the top of their list. :) And I love them to pieces.

I think we're going to a Dairy Farm tour and they're having a corn roast, too. Good day to go. I went once before and really enjoyed it. I remember Dash (forum member) who worked at a Dairy Farm in CT. I always wonder about which one it was.

I get to go to Long Island one more time before boy leaves so he's going. This time will be overnight so I hope to get to the beach. Maybe the city but I'm leery about that. I doubt Chatter will go. He's a good one to have around in times of leeriness. lol

I just wolfed down two Enteman's donuts, or however that's spelled. I've asked Chatter not to bring garbage in the house. I was going to make breakfast but no, not now. He complains about his eating and his weight and buys all kinds of goodies in large quantities and he's the one who mostly eats it. I refuse to police a grown person. Very frustrating but I know I'm not the only person who has dealt or is dealing with this.

HEY, the CA job would be 10hrs closer to Harper than CT! :) So... 2 days drive vs 3 days. I would love to have it! It's just such an opportunity. *sigh* dream on. Really, it could happen. If God wants it to happen. As with everything.

Have a great Saturday! Hoping for some relief from the heat!
  • No flannel shirt this morning but I am not sitting outside on the gallery.

It is a cool and you can almost feel the heavy heat loosening its grip but we have to get through August.

I will take 2 months of heat over  any snowy winter. except that when you get used to the heat you have a hard time with air conditioning. Anything under 80* and I feel cold.

Pilot made it halfway last evening. he got out late due to weather at Osh and  bumped to a couple other airports off his route.

But hoping he will be on the ground in Freiburg by sunset.

I think Dana and I would enjoy riding here more while the guys went to Osh.

But I am sure I'll go with Pilot some year.

I need to get a round bale today. I am out of hay here.

4 days until MaderChica!

Everyone enjoy the weekend.

• Good Morning!

Starting my morning off with a new package of gel pens, sharp (new) Crayons, and brightly colored sticky note pads! I admit I didn't need the crayons, but...they're sharp :)

Nice and cool this morning. We had a HUGE rainstorm come through yesterday. K and I couldn't tell which way things were moving so decided to stop at one more store before coming home. When we got into the store it let loose and didn't quit for quite a while. People were lined up at the door waiting for the rain to stop. I had bought some poster frames so K and I used those as umbrellas. Everything was flooded. We were parked close to the door but by the time we got to the car we were sopped and our shoes rather squishy. That's okay - we need it!

We've reached clean up day for K's final County Fair. She's decided to show her rabbit one more time. If she makes sale - great! If she doesn't, we'll find him a good home before she heads off to college. I really like this rabbit, but he'd have more fun with a kid who would play with him more.  I'm going to miss Fair again this year due to work. I wish they could figure that out! Fair either needs to be sooner or school start later . At least for our county it's only the teachers who are impacted. Other counties the kids have to miss school - fortunately they count it as a student activity so it doesn't count against their attendance. State Fair is during school too.

A move to CA would put Hunter closer to a lot of us!

DH, I'm like you. I freeze when it's below 80 especially in the AC! I've started taking a blanket with me to meetings in addition to my sweater.

Off to clean house and get more things in order for the start of the school year!  Have a wonderful day, Everyone!

• Well Hunter, if you end up in California, get ready for real-estate sticker shock!  This state is E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E!!  There are some reasonable areas, some of them where one might expect it least.  I hope that job has a really GOOD pay rate.  You'll need it for the mortgage.

Hiding out in the house from the heat.  Will have to go out eventually...

• It's not that expensive in the Mojave Desert, Stude, but I don't plan on buying out there. I'm going to try to live as cheaply as possible. The base has stables @ $75/mo. Cheaper if you want to pitch in and work. :) It would be a shock after KY. I'm still debating.

Dana, I hope Spirit is okay.

Karen you made me smile with the crayons. Hope the bunny finds a good home!

• Spirit???  Did I miss something?  I hope he's all right too!  How's the new barn coming along Dana?

I suppose you're right about the initial price being cheaper in the desert, Hunter.  However, you have to deal in high utilities and water.  Neither of them is cheap and the PSSRC is getting downright nasty about water.  However, if you have horses on the base, then that worry is solved (I haven't paid $75 a month board since 1976!!).  I do wish Patricia wasn't moving.  She and you would likely get along famously.

Should have thoroughly watered the garden before going to Fawn Lodge last week.  As it is, things dried out so badly I may lose several of the Dogwoods.  A number of the other plants are really suffering from this heat too.  All it takes is one dry day in this heat and they're gone.

Welll, I need to get back to cleaning stalls.  I have the rake on the  back of the tractor and it isn't working out as well as I had hoped.  I may or may not continue with using the thing.  However, it will be necessary to use a rake and manure fork for most of the work.  Seems it was designed for grooming driveways and arenas, not cleaning stalls.

Hope everyone around here, lurkers and regulars alike, have a great weekend and a very blessed Sunday.

• hubby had surgery for cancer on Thursday.  Three hours which includes the lab time to check the tissue.  They did a skin graft.  He has a very swollen upper lip, his youngest son said it looked like Homer Simpson.  Not a show I watched but I have seen pictures and agree.  The swelling tonight is much less than it was this morning so I think we are in the right path.

We went to a local horse auction today.  I got a few things.  We came home because Tracy, the girl I bought Lena from bought her back for her very happy daughter.She is a great mare and so beautiful but was being wasted here.  I think they will use her and I know Tracy will make sure she is well taken care of.

We ate and then went back to the sale.  They had finally finished tack and had started on horses.  Hubby wanted to buy one.  I told him no.  Two is plenty.  One is even better.

On the way home, we stopped for huge banana splits.  half of mine is in the freezer now. Our original intent was to share one.  we should have.  Still, it was good.

My youngest is in Oregon visiting a friend who bought a new place and sent him a round trip ticket so he could be there for the house warming party.  Nice friend.  He wouldn't spring for a round trip to New York, however so I could see my boy.

It finally cooled down today.  Hope it lasts.  We also got some rain here,not while we were here, but we did get rain which is great.

Church in the morning.  Looking forward to it.