Quick Post

Saturday Birthday Party time!

Saturday Birthday Party time!
  • The red-headed munchkin in FL is celebrating his first b'day today! That boy certainly has my heart! I just hope when his daddy realizes he's the spitting image of his granddaddy (Chatter) he won't take it out on the kid. LOL I can see it plain as day. I think mama is keeping quiet about it but she is the BEST mama in the world for that kiddo! Her mom is down, too, from Oregon, I think... Washington? Anyway, it will be a full house. We offered to stay at the base nearby but no. 

Watched Exodus last night. Too many deviations from the truth to really enjoy. Just makes me uncomfortable. Great horse scenes, though!

I keep looking around thinking "I don't need that. I don't need this." Because you know who's going to drive the truck with all possessions and towing my car? Mwah. Moi. Me. I have to look up a good halfway point to stop. I'm taking little dog. I think. But he plans to follow the coast up with his almost-jarhead son. Which is cool. Not sure he's going to want a cat and dog along with... yeahhhhh.... I'm pretty sure he won't. Okay, rethinking, I'll have ALL the household effects including 3 pets. I can do this!! :O) Remember I helped move BrokenA from Cheyenne WY to somewhere in Missouri with 13 horses, 2 dogs, corral  panels, all her stuff. She drove her p/u with one dog. I drove a B.A.T. (big a-- truck) with another dog who tried to bite me when I tried to help her down to go potty. (That was a very tall truck!) Oh the adventures. Then the time boy joined me in TX and me driving back to Memphis in a Mazda 6 with 3 saddles, 2 HUGE bags of clothes, a Great Dane, a 50#bag of dogfood, his clothes, my clothes.... I'm sure there was something else that was impossible, yet fit. I'm a great packer! :O)

Speaking of, we stayed up late watching the movie and someone's still snoring. When he gets up, which I expect any minute he will be barking orders. LOL I'm crazy about him, or just plain crazy. One awesome thing - demonstrated this last night. He gets really stressed easily and escalates emotionally (yells while he talks). I tend to do that at times and I recognize what he's doing so, rather than yelling back, I can talk to him and ask him about his "behavior" and he comes right down off of it and is human again. I appreciate that so much because he actually listens to me.

So there you have it. My early morning musings. Birds are singing, dawn is breaking. Truck needs unloading (he finished another deck job), then repacking. Birthday presents need wrapping.... But my tea and biscuits were good. Better roll! Hug your horses for me! 

• I hope the little one has a great first birthday!

Not so early morning around here. Slept in until after nine. I guess I needed it or it could have been the antihistamine I took before bed. Went to a pill pusher yesterday for an ear infection. She pretty much asked me what I wanted rather than prescribing what she thought would be best. I'm not used to that. At the end of the appointment I told her I just needed to make sure I wasn't going to get sick since it's the end of the school year, we're still doing testing, and I can't be gone. She says "So you do want some antibiotics just in case." What?

Anyway, busy week around here. K's schedule is finally slowing down and we're actually enjoying a Saturday at home without having to run around. It's nice.

I stole The Girls' bunk bed to give to a friend. I told K it was a form of punishment and she explained that usually the bed was the last thing to lose, not the first!  So today we're working on rearranging K's room. She's been sleeping on the couch the last couple of nights so we're working to get the guest bed into her room. This has been a plan for sometime, giving the bed away just gave it a jumpstart. (and The Girls' really were happy to give the bed to the family).

Horses had trims yesterday. They're always so good for the farrier - never have to worry. It's so dry here we really don't pick their feet much, just check for rocks or anything that could hurt them and move on. I admire farriers and those who trim their horses feet themselves. I could never do that!

I guess I should convince the cat (who is sitting on my arm/shoulder) that we need to get busy. I just announced that we need to to something. He looked at me and put his face back down between his paws. I guess he doesn't believe me.

Hoping everyone's having an excellent day!