Quick Post

Texas Independence Monday

Texas Independence Monday
  • Happy Independence Day Texans!
    We had our annual party last evening. A great time as usual.
    The only thing that could have been better was the weather. We are still in our cold drizzly pattern.
    It will change back to Spring soon.

I have to run to my meeting that was rescheduled due to last weeks ice.

Have a happy day!
  • Took Socks out with the Phaeton yesterday.  He was silly as ever, and yet still a good boy.  He needs work on hills badly.

Everyone is fed and I'm off to the 'Lodge today.  Hope everyone around here has a great Monday! 

• It wasn't too bad as Mondays go. Glad to be done with it.

So Happy Texas Independence Day!  Where was the party? Your house, MK? Wish I coulda been there.

Glad the Silly Sox was out. That sounds like so much fun.

CPG's If your house is empty you'll have room for visitors. I have an old friend I just ran into. She's in Mexico for 5 weeks of treatment. She's trying to see every cool thing she can so maybe along about balloon festival time..... ya never know! Of course, we could just bring tents, right? It would be cooler in the middle of the crowd probably. I'm sorta worried about her. My other friend is in NC and wants us to come see her. Cannot WAIT!

The house is quiet with no little cutie running around. Miss that kiddo.

Dana! oh nothing. Just trying to get your attention. :)

Connie, there's a job in Kentucky I might put in for. And I applied to one in Okinawa. HA! Chatter's gonna have a kitten if I get that. 

• Oh, I got a message from Ms.Eddi. Athena'sHandmaiden, a forum member from a while ago passed away. She's fought health issues for a while. She and Eddi came to Memphis and we went to Graceland, went to the base and saw the airplanes. Anyway someone might remember her. RIP Lisa.

• Good evening :). Crazy busy work week that ended strangely.  Was testing a student when we had an all call over the intercom that we were on hard lockdown, not a drill and the secretary's voice was shaky.  We all locked doors, turned out lights and retreated with our students to corners of the room away from windows.  This lasted about an hour, saw cops with rifles drawn going around the campus.  Finally were released, lots of worried parents.  There was a 911 call that an angry relative of one of our teachers was in the parking lot with a gun planning on shooting the teacher.  They are still looking for her.... Glad it's the weekend so everyone has time to  relax and they can catch her.....

Kelly is home for the weekend so after work she and my riding buddy joined Cody and I for a great trail ride up the hill.  Lots of trotting and cantering.  Kelly took Spirit as we can't fit Cody and Penny in my trailer with another horse and she had a great time.  He's so handy and steady.  He has a wonderful canter and is so agile, easy-going :). Cody was full of energy, no bucking but wasn't wanting to slow down or listen to half-halts.  He wanted to gooooooo!  He got pretty sweaty while the fat old pony barely even sweated even though he led most of the ride!

Tomorrow I'm taking the 2 girl dogs and Mo, the last puppy to an adoption event in Huntington Beach.  Hubby is out of town at a motorcycle event.  Sunday have another ride planned :)

Night!