Quick Post

Black and white puppy Friday

Black and white puppy Friday
  • Bless you Dana and family!
    10 puppies wow!!

Chilly and windy here, well 62* chilly.
    Quiet day Pilot is going out to water trees. I will probably keep him company.

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday weekend.
  • How ya feeling?

I'm good. Loving this baby time. Having the dogs here is sort of nice. They're all getting along. Little girl is too yappy, though. I squirt her occasionally.

Going to ride out to the pet store then antique shop. yay!!!

Better get. I just got the urge for a turkey sandwich. (thanks Dana)

Excited about having new puppies to watch grow. I hope they all get along. Hugs to Tahoe!

• Went on a very short shopping trip with Hubby this noon.  He wanted a new mattress topper.  They were on sale yesterday.  Not today, but we got one. This one is a Serta and is memory foam and gel.  He is  hoping this helps his back.  I hope so , too.  I was thinking of replacing the old one, but was in no hurry.

More snow today.  Since Wednesday morning we have gotten about a foot...or at least what we got has settled to a foot.  No frost in the ground and this has been a wet snow so it is soaking in.

Saw a high school rodeo recently.  A girl was interviewed and she said she did a study of the natural chemicals that make us feel good and, according to her, they increase after riding horses.  I think she was from Texas.  Sure would like a copy of her research.

Hoping for sweet dreams and rested backs for us...and for all of you.

• Cute puppies.  Better you than me, Dana.  I'm so done with puppies!  After our kennel I swore I'd never have more than one or possibly two dogs again!  Yeah... so here I am with three horses (that I can't afford at that), two of which are not usable.  Oi...  I never learn...    Ah well... someone has to love River and Condessa, I suppose that's me.  

It has been pouring here for two days.  The plumbing went out Thursday night.  The fitting that comes from the pressure tank into the universal joint joining the tank to the water system broke.  So, we were without water Thursday night and all day Friday.  

I made a quick turnaround to Fawn Lodge which made for a quick and busy day there.  I was able to check on the house and animals, do laundry, wash dishes, and bake a loaf of bread.  The 'Lodge is usually my place of R&R and it wasn't on Friday, that's fer sure and certain!  Stopped by Tractor Supply on the way home, picked up feed and the plumbing fitting necessary to fix the pressure tank.  So fixed that promptly after arrival at the WalkingBear.  Water is restored and all is good here in Oak Run now.

I found out last night the new pavement they put in on HWY 299 is very slippery when wet.  It's fearful to think how the climb up Buckhorn (west of I-5) is going to be with snow on the road as I was sliding a lot last night with just rain.  It isn't any better in the Bella Vista area heading east either (East of I-5).  Sometimes these "improvements" leave me wishing the bureaucrats in Sacra-demented would just leave things alone.

Way too busy Friday!!

Yeah Connie, they're called Endorphins.  You can get them from Chocolate too!  Well... you might be able to, but I have to be very careful not to get something else from most Chocolate...   But... yeah, Endorphins, good things that come from good activities and even certain foods. 

I've been following Jerard Paagman's progress on his caravan (horse-drawn) across the southern U.S.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152928634120746&set=vb.711030745&type=3&permPage=1

For the route (and published itinerary) they're taking:

http://www.thecaravan.me/caravan_route.pdf

The Caravan started on Nov. 1 in Murrietta Ca. and will end in March or April in Wiersdale Fla.  So far the weather has been very cool, even cold, clear and dry.  I would anticipate that will change after they pass through Austin, Tx.   Wish I could have accompanied him, but it is fun following them on Facebook.

Well, I promised to have a look at the Washer today (Saturday).  So it's time to get off the 'net.  Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

• Mamma Sedona and her 10 puppies (Boys-Borrego, Mojave, Gobi, Shale, Taos Girls-Willow, Kalahari, Sahara, Sonora and Anza) are doing wonderfully and are endlessly entertaining!  She is a very good mother and doesn't get upset with us handling the babies and having visitors over to Oooh and Awwww over them :)  She's a lucky girl to have arrived on Thanksgiving.  The vet said to feed her as much calorie rich food as we can get her to eat since she is already underweight and feeding 10 puppies so she's getting turkey scraps :)  We're also giving her several cans of dog "stew" to get moisture into her as she was slightly dehydrated at the vet the other day, plus as much dry good as she'll eat and I made her scrambled eggs this morning.

Had a wonderful trail ride on Penny yesterday and she has finally figured out how to canter down a trail instead of starting to canter, then crowhopping.  Felt wonderful.  This afternoon after Pony Club lessons, I was going to give her a bath but then it cooled off and the wind picked up some so I just washed and conditioned her tail and washed her white legs.  The trailer is packed with necessary tack, hay bags are ready to go, extra hay in the truck, feed prepped for the other horses since we are leaving early.  Kelly does her dressage test at 9, mine isn't until 10:45.  I signed up twice so I'll do 2 dressage tests and 2 cross country courses but we're only doing walk/trot so my dressage test is only about 2 minutes long and my cross country course is only 10 obstacles.  A little nervous but excited!

Hubby is out flying, doing the holiday light flights on the DC-3, will be gone Friday-Sunday nights until after the new year..... Glad it is finally bringing in some money though :)

Well, out of granola bars so making some with pumpkin, apple and cranberries in them, plus a pumpkin pie (promised Kelly) and brownies for tomorrow.  Also need to pack sandwiches for Kelly and I since there usually isn't anything we can buy to eat.  Taking Tahoe home after the show :(  He's been enjoying himself.  He really enjoyed the trail ride yesterday and he and Kelly had a great lesson today, got her confidence back.