Quick Post

Marvelous Monday Off

Marvelous Monday Off
  • I am very lucky and get the whole week off for Thanksgiving. It is such a nice day. Sunny but in the 60's, perfect in the sun. Slept in a little after letting the dogs out at 6, took my time feeding the horses and all but Penny were very happy with their fresh apples (picked up a big bag at 99 cents a pound yesterday). I'm giving Penny the day off and will get Cody out for the first time since he was sick. We have lessons this afternoon as usual.

The family adopting Lottie/now Dixie came to meet her today and declared she is "lovely" in a British accent. They are from England :) They'll be picking her up after the holidays :) She is a lucky little dog! There is a 5 mo. old cattledog puppy at the shelter that I'm eyeing as our next foster......

Well, better get going. Need to go to Walmart or Winco to get more turmeric for the horses and a few more things on my grocery list they didn't have at the regular store.

Stude, would your girls winter better down here? It's about $190/mo for feed (Bermuda/orchard + pellets) in a pasture setting with shelter. Farrier charges $40 trim.

• Went over to the barn early this morning to feed the horses and do chores.  When I went in the gate, it was not hooked the way I hook it.  When I tried to get in the barn the door was not hooked the way I hook it.  Once inside, Harley's feed tub was not where it belonged and there were carrots in the treat barrel.  Harley was not longer wearing his mud bath remains.  I figured the dispatcher had been here last night.  I was correct, since she apparently called Hubby this morning to tell him our door was locked so she went to the barn.  I, not too gently, explained to him I do NOT want anyone in the barn without my knowledge before it occurs.  I just am not comfortable with it.  Our phones work so she could have called.  I also told him I prefer a call before  she comes over, not after.

Okay, I have unloaded.

We also had temps in the 60's today.  Pleasant breeze.  The horses seemed to enjoy it.  They are inside now.  

Glad you have time off, Dana.  BTW, is it two teaspoons plus pepper or two tablespoons plus pepper?  I have a young friend who might just put her old Christmas horse on it.  He would probably benefit from it.

Got a turkey today.  Headed out to get a turkey *** but it was $2/lb and the whole turkey was 48 cents /lb.  Might as well cook an entire bird.  Interesting, can not post the word for white meat, turkey.

Have a super week, all.

• Meeting was the usual crap by one person.

Beautiful day here but B is not feeling well.

Connie I did the same and just bought a whole turkey.  A big crew coming for Christmas week so will make something  with leftovers to put in the freezer.

Stude I am sorry for your issue.

Dana Enjoy!

• Connie, It is 1 tablespoon of turmeric + 5 shakes of black pepper, twice a day for 3 weeks, then down to once a day.  The original recipe included olive oil for the omega fatty acids which I did, but now I just add water to make it stick to their pellets which already have the omegas in them.  I guess if they aren't getting pellets, you should do the olive oil.

• What a Monday. Got to my office like every Monday but higher ranking officers aren't happy with the building (which is a nice bldg). They're nitpicking. Then I realize I was supposed to have picked up a car and gone to the base up north. I normally go there Thursdays but... So I drove to the rental car place - I had reserved a car - and drove up north, said hi, then drove back to my office. Then back to the rental car place to turn it in. It was a Versa Note. Pretty comfortable.

I really don't have anything positive to say. I wish I had rum for my egg nog. It's been a spikey egg nog kinda day.

• Yeah Hunter, my experiance with the military has taught me that bored ranking officers are a bad thing for everyone around them.

I've been playing a rousing game of musical trailers for the last few days.  I have the tack trailer in place (sort of) and am working on getting P's trailer in place.  She's not going to be happy about the location, as a matter of point; nobody is.  There's nothing I can do about that though as the location it belongs is taken up with the cart shed.  I'm not looking forward to moving that either!  bit by bit though the place is coming together.

Of the the Chiro and back into the Fray!

Hope you all have a great week!