Quick Post

Your posts and the numbers

Your posts and the numbers
  • As far as this forum goes, I know I seem to post all the time everywhere about anything.  I wanted to say a couple of things about this. 
    1. I'm sure a TON of what I know originally came from this forum to begin with.  I know that my own experience is limited.  I tend to be one of those people who has to say it if she thinks it.  At least I can do this here without aggravating too many people.  I try to refrain "in real life".  (it's difficult)
    2. I ALWAYS try to respond to someone's thread cuz it seems friendlier to do so.  Plus I want to make people feel welcome so they would want to hang out and pitch in with their opinions and ideas.
    3. THE BEST PART and I want to say this to Walkin, Connie, our rescue trainer  and other new-ish people.  When you take the time to post pictures or when you start a thread, I know it can get discouraging when you only have one or two responses on it BUT [size="2"]don't be discouraged!!!!  You KNOW you have to look at the number of views.  For whatever reason people are lurking and not bothering to log in and/or sign up.  IT'S OKAY.  I think it's cool that they come here and read at all!!  Have you noticed the views on the morning threads?  There might be 2 or 3 replies and a hundred views. 
      [/size]
    So please don't stop posting cuz we love ya'll and the lurkers need new reading material! [:D]
  • Gah I can't wait to meet you in October!! I bet you're a million times more hilarious in real life. That pic is great.

I will add this, as a former long-time lurker it helps a ton when people do reply to your posts. Makes you feel like people really are interested in what you have to say. And when you get replies. I love how everyone addresses everything everyone else has said in the daily posts. It may only be a couple words, but it means your "listening" (I guess it would be more like reading, lol) so to speak and it keeps you from feeling like you're posting to a brick wall. I know that's why I post alot more now. Plus I learn so much from everyone, and I love hearing about how everything is different for everyone because we are all spread out all over the place.

And yes hunter I have noticed the views. I wonder just how many different people we have lurking? And I don't mean the occasional lurker that accidently stumbles upon the forum, I mean people that lurk all the time and never post. I bet it would suprise alot of us.

I encourage all lurkers to post, but if you don't, hey that's ok too ':)' It can be a little dull at first but when you post and everyone gets to know you, you feel like a part of the "family" so to speak ':)'
  • It IS nice when someone replies to your post.  When you put something out there and no one says anything about it, it seems to indicate no one cares what you have to say.  Hunter is the wonderful exception to this...always trying to make us newbies feel welcome.
  • Thanks but you guys aren't really newbies!  I can just imagine lurkers thinking "that hunterseat thinks she owns that forum" so I wanted to try to say something.

This forum was busy at a dizzying pace.  You could post a thread, get no comments and in 6 hours it would be buried on page 2.  Then this forum really crashed big time.  It was all messed up and most of the members left and never looked back.  I miss some of the people but not the frantic pace.  I'm really thankful for the people that check in and/or stuck around.  And I love seeing new people (can't forget Squirrel!) 

I've made so many friends here.  That's so wonderful.
  • I can just imagine lurkers thinking "that hunterseat thinks she owns that forum" so I wanted to try to say something.

You own the forum? LOL

I know I'm so busy lately that I don't get to post as much as I used to. But I lurk when I can! It does feel good when someone responds to your post. We've learned soooooo much from the people here. When we first started on here several years ago, we (The Girls and I) knew very little about showing, what to wear to the shows, etc. We were in need of help desperately. We would get great responses to even the simplest questions. Its still the place I come to when something comes up that we're not sure what to do about.

Anyway, don't be afraid to post!
  • I come and try to post often, sometimes just enough time to read and then dash off but I'm here ':)'  Having someone respond does give you a feeling of connection with someone out there.  I got to actually meet Hunterseat through this forum!  Next time she comes, we're gonna ride!!  I also met All4Grace about 25 minutes from me and we do go riding ':)'
  • I know this is kind of off the subject, but since you guys seem to definitaly know your way around here, i had a quick question.... I am new on here and was trying to post something, but i can't figure out how to start a thread. it's probably really simple, but i'm just not seeing a way to post a new thread....

• ...aaaand....you figured it out! [':D']

Glad yer here, btw.
  • You guys are right! If we want to keep the board, we need to participate. One of the guilty ones here, when the board crashed,  I became more of a "lurker" and checked in often, but didnt post much. Think Dana and Hunter Seat have tried very hard to keep it afloat so we should all pitch in and be more active. Am always interested in what people post and great reading!!!Who better to hang around and listen to but horse people?!!! Thanks for keeping the board going and will do better!![':)']
  • You're awesome ladyluck and I love your pictures.  I really don't mind if people don't want to post but I don't want the people who DO post to get discouraged.  Plus I feel like a blabber-mouth!  Have you seen the total views on the "Last Word" thread?  That's a 5 digit number!  Blows me away!  So people are here and reading!  That's great!!!
  • You and Dana are the awesome ones, You have kept this board going when it needed it. Dont want to lose it. I think we just need to be more active and help you out. So if I bore you with pix and etc,,,,just remember I am posting!!![';)']
  • I am guilty of lurking. Part of the time, I just don't have time to&nbsp';p'ost. Other times, I don't feel like I have anything very note worthy to post. I guess maybe I should at least put in a word or two when I have time.
  • QH-please post!  Most days my day is pretty mundane to others, I think but I throw it out there anyways ':)'  Love to hear what others are up to ':)'

LL-great to hear from you lately!  Love your pictures and adventures with the grandkids.  Keep them coming!
  • I feel the same way, Elaine.  Life here has been so mundane, that I can't make myself write about it!  Heck...*I'm* bored to tears, so why should a drag y'all down with??
    Did spend a couple of days (2 separate visits) in the ER with my Momma.  So far today....no phone calls about her!.  (WHEW!)

• I hope your mama is okay, Brenda.  You sure are a great daughter... AND friend!