Quick Post

Friday is here

Friday is here
  • Friday.  The weekend begins.

Yesterday, I went over to take care of the horses.  I fed grain, put hay in the feeder, and braved the mud to dump the basket and wheelbarrows.  Basket, fine.  Wheelbarrow number one, fine.  Wheelbarrow number two, dumped and then...on my way back to the barn, my boot bogged down in the mud (wait for it) and my momentum kept me moving and, down I went. okay.  One boot on, one boot off, and me, sitting in mud, deep mud.  It must have looked funny.  I didn't get hurt, but certainly it wasn't the high point of my morning.

Went with Hubby last night to pick up a girl at the Utica train station.  A sweet girl.  She was coming from Boston to visit a friend at Colgate.  A friend from high school.  She was from Hawai'i!  I should have known from her sweet voice where she was from. It seems to me, native Hawai'ians speak more slowly and softly than native new yorkers.  It was a delight to chat with her and she was pleased to be with someone who had a connection to her home base.  Her destination was the dining hall on campus but she mentioned the dorm her friend was in and that is where we took her.  That way she didn't have a walk in the rain.  I told her when to call her friend and to watch their reunion was pure pleasure.  Run, hug, then jump up and down.  big smile from me.

Big cats have given in and are now playing with the kitten.

I am planning on going on a little trip tomorrow to see my friend and her App.  This way I can better tell potential homes what he is like.

Super weekends wished for all.  Comfort for those who mourn. Healing for those who are ill, and (((HUGS))) for all.

• @Connie

I am planning on going on a little trip tomorrow to see my friend and her App. This way I can better tell potential homes what he is like.

THAT is a great idea!!

Woke up about 3am - yuck. Tried to get back to sleep but... later I dozed off and then woke up to see how long I had been asleep. I gotta do something about me!

Eventually gave up and did some housework and we went to the gym. Ate lunch then took dogs on a LONG walk (it was a 2 poopy walk for Carmy) Now Chatter is off to fix a leak on a rental - I think the owner likes him and wants to use him for anything. Which is how it works when you give good service without ripping someone off.

I might take a nap while it's quiet. Glad the kitten has won the old stuffy ones over. :)

• I did not sleep last night. Too much meds and stress.

Today we voted .

Then watered  trees and picked rock off the runway.

I roasted chicken breasts  for dinner with spinach salad. I roasted a bunch and the rest is going in the freezer. I need to get a jump on menu prep for when the family comes at Christmas.

Tomorrow I have an extra volunteer shift. I have to leave early as we have a wedding in the evening. But I am working with my friend Kay.

Hunter will remember them helping to set up awnings for the our wedding.

Have a great night!