Quick Post

What are you up to Wednesday?

What are you up to Wednesday?
  • Halfway through the first week of school here!! So far so good :) Still trying to figure out all the speech students I have as we switched to a new system last year and there are glitches, trying to find paperwork on those kiddos so I know what they need.... scheduling them around all the other things going on at school, plus area of need, age level, personalities, etc. is always fun :) Was going to ride yesterday after work but Kelly's friend ended up getting here late and by the time she got here and they did the Ice Bucket challenge on Spirit who tolerated it well and didn't stop chewing on his hay.... it was after 7.... they went for a ride in the dark, I made dinner. Mother-in-law maybe doing better.... she might be moved back to a step-down from ICU today if she maintains her breathing status. They gave her heparin yesterday and are hoping it is doing its job with her clot. I had Kelly make my FIL his favorite ham loaf yesterday and having Shaylea take it up there after school while I go visit my MIL and give hubby a break today from hospitals and such. One of the boarders, the neighbors who have Luna have him off-site at the grandma's right now so we're down to 6 horses! Feeding was a breeze this morning :) I could learn to like it like that. With him gone, Penny is the boss of the back pasture and it makes feeding her her supplements so much easier :) Well, time to head out. I have an extra 15 minutes in the morning now which makes traffic way easier and I get all kinds of chores done around here!
  • R called this morning  for a ride to help get  get equipment staged for hay making today. We are meeting friends in Fredburg this afternoon.

Yesterday went late with farrier. Very hot!  And air conditioner was out when we got back from DaneHaven.

Farrier said I did everyone's feet well. So another little lesson for me to work on.

Miss Toni decided she is going to sell her horse. : /

Have a great humpday!

• School has started already????    Gosh, I'll have to watch my speed in the school zones now.    Poor kids, gyped out of another two weeks of summer!

Haven't been feeling very well the last couple of days.  Was able to drag myself to the Law Library in order to research the B.S. citation I was given in early July. Thankfully, the judges here in Shasta county are reasonable and actually listen to the defendant, unlike some counties in this state.  I have a reasonable chance of actually being acquitted of this farce.  We shall see.   As it is, having no resources to speak of, I just might end up a guest of the Shasta County Hilton for a month.  It still seems OUTRAGEOUS to charge over a thousand dollars because I wasn't able to instantly locate the insurance card and for a seat-belt violation (over six hundred dollars all by itself)!   Even more rankling is that I was actually wearing the bloody danged thing!    At least I was whilst the vehicle was in motion.  Since when it it illegal to reach into the back seat whilst stopped????

Okay, okay, I'll quit. 

Hoping to see the horses today.  Have felt too lousy the past few days.