Quick Post

Tuesday - the big meeting

Tuesday - the big meeting
  • It's been so long since I conducted a meeting it makes me nervous a little but I feel prepared enough. Plus I have co-meeting people who are talkers so I don't think I'm going to be doing much more than getting the ball rolling.

Leland has conjunctivitis - we think. Trying to take him to the vet today for eye stuff. 

We looked at a great property yesterday. One that we could rehab, live in and probably make a little money off of. It's only a quarter acre but it's in a great area and it has potential. right now we can't finance anything because of my short sale on my MS property. So we can pay cash and hopefully make a little. I just want to be able to move in sooner rather than later but it will take a couple of months to get it to the point we can move in. Jeff's got some work lined up, too so that will take up some of his time. But it's good for him to have work. A couple of days ago he didn't and he was moping around. 

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday! Don't forget to tell your kids you love them.

• Thought I lost this. Didn't see it on the main page... hmmm...

• Good morning :)  Hope your meeting went well, Hunter.  Sometimes the anticipation is worse than the actual event, huh?  Glad Chatter has work again :)  Sometimes I wish my hubby didn't have so much work.... between the motorcycle and plane businesses he is stretched thin sometimes and add in travel..... I keep the home fires burning :)

My MIL fell on Sunday morning, knocked herself out for about 5 minutes :(  Instead of calling 911, my FIL called us and wanted Gary to come "look at her."  Couldn't convince him otherwise so off Gary went.  She had a big bump on her head and he managed to convince them to take her to the Dr. where they as predicted, sent her to the hospital.  CT scan showed a possible bleed, she was disoriented and her blood pressure was high so she was hospitalized.  Last night or this morning depending on what you call it, the hospital called at midnight because she was screaming and yelling that she had to go home for some party..... We spent about an hour on the phone with her, calming her down, trying to orient her to the fact that it was midnight, everyone was or should be asleep, she wasn't going to get to go home in the middle of the night.  She was yelling, crying, shrieking, poor thing :(    I'm going to visit her in a bit, then hopefully my FIL gets there at some point and Gary will after work.  She doesn't remember the visits at this point.  Was trying to think of some way for her to stay connected to reality, even when we aren't there.....  

The lessons out at the Equestrian Center went well, had the whole place to ourselves so the kids enjoyed riding in the arenas even though it was pretty hot..... I ended up being responsible for the neighbor boy as the parents were already occupied with something else and the Grandma had car trouble..... The parents don't realize what that means when hauling a 9 yr. old and his horse..... ah well, he enjoys it and I don't want his love of horses and riding hindered by a lack of supervision on their part.  It is better since the Grandma got involved because she actually has horses and knows what she's doing.  Going riding with my co-worker who borrows Spirit to see if the turmeric/pepper regimen has helped him.  He seems to be off when carrying someone over about 90 lbs and I read about the turmeric being more effective than bute so we've been doing it for about a month and hopefully it helps and he will be sound for our Morro Bay trip in 2 weeks!

CPG-we are getting a campus supervisor this year so our principal won't have to be in charge of discipline :)  We have about 700+ kids (elementary) and last year we were told she could only handle discipline one day a week?  What are we supposed to do the other 4?  Anyways, happy about the fact that we'll have a designated person .  Glad you got rain :)

I don't think we can even get round bales where we are.  We always get the 100+ lb. bales with 3 strings.  Orchard is running $24 a bale right now!!   Need to think of something for dinner that will cook itself tonight since I'll be riding. Last night I made chicken taco soup in the crockpot, turned out great, topped with crushed Fritos and cheese :) Hope everyone is great out there in forum land..

• Meeting went great. No one ate donuts and I got the whole dozen. I ate two and dropped the rest of those devils off with my rental car! I could have buzzed through at least another two or three!

Leland goes to the vet tomorrow.

We just made an offer on the property....

• We went to Kville today and did as many errands as dog potty time would allow. (4 hours) We got a lot done and a nice lunch at our fave spot. Home to nap. Pilot has not been sleeping well so being berry quiet so he can.

We dropped the Tahoe off for work and will have to go back and finish errands when they get it done.

Hunter- Glad your meeting went well. If your offer is accepted  you'll get a job in Texas.

Dana - sorry for your MIL issues. I have a lot of difficulty dealing with my dad and he is still fairly independent.

I can't imagine what he will be like later on. Is your text editor working now?

• Nope, still not working...... Went to the hospital and she was "adding her numbers" with her finger on her bedspread, anything she could get her hands on, then got hungry and tried to eat her IV, oxygen, etc. cords and blanket.... She has a resolving bleed where she whacked her head and areas of ischemia (dying) in her brain from bad blood pressure, plus fluid in her lungs and a suspected bladder infection. She'll be there a while.... then rehab to try to get her legs working better. The girls went with me after they got back from volunteering at our local therapeutic riding facility. They were hot and tired after leading horses around in the sun and dust for 3 hours with not always happy or cooperative kiddos and the Haflinger, Romeo who nips at you the whole time! Hoping your offer goes through, Hunter although if you get a job elsewhere, what do you do?
  • Dana, can you take the little dog she loves so to the hospital as a therapy dog?  It might brighten her day.

Hope eyes heal, offers are accepted/rejected as the future needs dictate, and that Romeo stops nipping.

Best wanted for all of you.

• No, can't take him because he isn't certified as anything .... I did take her pictures of him to try to help orient her and give the nurses something to talk about with her.  She tries to get out of bed even though she can't walk so they have to have an aide or someone with her all the time..... I also took pictures of the girls, Gary, his motorcycle, planes as conversation starters.... going to see her again today and hoping some of her disorientation is resolving.  They said bladder infections in the elderly can cause dementia?