Quick Post

Sweltering Sunday

Sweltering Sunday
  • Sorry if that thread title was used recently but it's supposed to be the hottest day of the year today. I COMPLETELY enjoy sitting around the house in air conditioning... reading.... napping. I know I'm not going to be given that opportunity. 

There's an antique shop right next to Goodwill about 2 miles up the road. I've been thinking of a triangle shaped dish to put my little shells in next to the sink. FOUND ONE! It's hand painted, too. I think it was $4. I should take a picture. But it's filled with shells now. :O)

I made Kamut with strawberries and bananas (and some orange juice) this morning. Turned out well. Will never be a popular as oatmeal. 

The cat's eye is red and weepy. Just one of them. He went out yesterday morning.

• It is hot but V and I are going to try and ride.

I haven't ridden in 2 weeks? I will take Tex. I may have to hose the salt off him first.

Have a nice evening everyone.

• About 92* here, I thought it was going to be hotter so turned on the AC early this morning. It feels humid, but compared to other places its not...

Horses are enjoying the green grass. I'm not even sure when they came in for dinner last night. It was pouring so L just threw the food and ran back to the house. They're both a muddy mess. The kitties are starting to follow us out when we feed. They're so cute. I just hope they're good mousers. Still makes me nervous to have them outside. We had a rattlesnake on the walkway to the house the other day.

The Girls took care of an alpca farm this past week. Those things freak me out. Especially their teeth! They look all cute from a distance, then you get up close! I have a friend who keeps trying to give me one. Now I know I don't want one!

Another busy week ahead. Went to my office and started getting things ready for the new year. I copied all of my homework packets for the entire year. That'll save me some time. The kids won't be thrilled, but hey! I'll pop in a few more times this week. We have registration on Wednesday so I'll go just to see the kids.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!

• Hot here also, but some severe storms due to the south of us.  I put the horses in this morning when I fed because the Vet was coming after Church.  He came, and every one now has current everything.  Will have to give Cinnabar a couple of boosters later on for the two shot series things.  He will bring the shots and the coggins and rabies papers with him to Church next Sunday.  Said he would bring a sleeve if he remembers so he can check Cinn to make sure we don't get any surprises.  It will be better when he sets up his own full time practice.  He will have everything with him then.

Kicked the horses out and they stayed in the yard.  Just caught the weather warning and went over to find them waiting to go in.  Guess they know the rain is on its way and prefer dry.

Made a big batch of crockpot bbq pulled chicken today.  Anyone out there who can tell me how it freezes?  It is quite a big batch and the two of us will be sick of it if we have to eat it until it is gone.

Hope you got a chance to enjoy the AC, Hunter.  I appreciate ours.  I also find it works to take a cool shower when I come back inside.

A new week is starting.  Hope it is a great one for all.

• Connie I portion my cooked  rotisserie chicken into small freezer bags, enough for a meal or recipe. It's handy for when I've worked too hard all day to make dinner. It should work fine for your bbq chicken also.

• Church was excellent.  The pastor is doing a series focusing on our baptism and Communion.

We picked up some subways and had them cut up in small slices.  Then we went home and some friends came over for lunch.  We had a nice one.  It was the first time I've dared to have Root Beer Floats in years.  They have a tendency to make me pretty sick.  Well, this time they didn't.  Hmmm.... looks like cheap icecream might have been the culprit.

Got Crystal out and she dragged the tyre around again.  P insisted I do so and it was at the heat of the day, well over a hundred.  Crystal was okay with it.  I was not.  Only just feeling normal.

Off to Fawn Lodge for a few days.  I do hope everyone around here has a great week.  Due to Dial-up I won't be able to check in.