Quick Post

Thursday - Early Start

Thursday - Early Start
  • Trying to convince myself I'll get out of here early and beat that horrendous traffic. It's close to LA and HI in awfulness. Makes it easier in a nice rental car, though. 

Jeff had gotten motivated about fixing the little Dodge Dakota. He realizes the Isuzu might not last forever and I'd be in trouble if I couldn't get to work, though Enterprise will pick me up on the site visit days. :)

In my dream last night I was walking around with the dogs, there was a funeral at one point for my step-dad (who died last February) and when I walked through one wooded place I got to a festival and the dogs weren't leashed so I had my hands full. Well Teddy must have been a shapeshifter because he turned into a Dachshund. lol. It didn't phase me a bit so apparently he's done that before! Then the alarm woke me up. 

Have a great day!! I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger. But it's fun, if intense.

• So glad to hear you're home and recuperating Rod.  Must hurt like the devil, the way they spread you open like a clam-bake.  Even better that they caught you early!  My dad needed one of those and he died whilst the Hospital people were arguing with the insurance company.  You see, back in those days, Heart Bypass was an experimental surgery.  Again, very glad to hear you're on the mend.  Everything will be back to normal in a few weeks.

Still in Oak Run.  Decided I would take advantage of these cooler temps while I can.  The weather service is predicting temps well over a hundred for the next week.  Thankfully they've scaled it back, but still over a hundred.  There are things I need to get done in Fawn Lodge and Weaverville, so will take advantage of the time there.

Well, I need to get off this computer and to work.  I do hope you all have a great day!

• Finished up at the sale site today.  Brought a few more things home with us.

Horses seem to like the round bale hay.  

Love the fact that the lady imprisoned in Sudan is now in Italy with her children.  So glad that ordeal is over for her.

Posted a throw back thursday picture of my Brother and cousins taken in 1943.  My brother's oldest daughter sent me a thank you.  She said she hadn't seen pictures of her Dad that young.  She was barely 13 when he was killed.

Life is good.  The air was spectacular today.  Nice, cool, sunny and DRY.

• Hunter, where in PA is the job?