Quick Post

Tuesday, the twenty-second of July!

Tuesday, the twenty-second of July!
  • IMG_2133.JPG
    Good morning. Feels like it is going to be a hot one today..... No morning overcast, just blazing sun already. Took little Brewster down to the vet in Orange County courtesy of the rescue we're fostering him for and poor little guy is in rough shape. Obviously in pain so they did x-rays and blood work. His x-ray showed narrowing of the spinal column in his thoracic area which must be inflamed, causing him pain. Blood work showed a high white cell count, anemia and low sodium levels. He was also dehydrated and has a fever. Gave him fluids and starting him on anti-inflammatory pain meds and antibiotics. Spoiling him to get him to eat. The only thing he would eat last night was turkey lunch meat and we gave him several dropperfuls of water along with his meds. This morning he seems a little perkier. I put him out in the front away from the other dogs and he actually walked to the edge of the yard to watch me feed horses. He ate a couple bites of canned food and then I stuffed him with turkey again. He did a little self-grooming which is a good sign :) He is so thin already he doesn't have anything to spare right now so we'll just keep spoiling him. I think I'll buy some beef/liver, etc. baby food and see if he likes that. Anything to get food and liquids in him. Horses are all good. My boys are rough on the slow feeders but so far have just broken the clips that hold them on, haven't damaged the netting :) Going to the grocery store today and taking Shaylea shopping to replace the pricey Rainbow flip flops Ayden not only chewed, but ate!! Hubby is re-certified for another 2 years to fly. He was a happy guy yesterday. Flying for him is like riding for us :) If it isn't to awful out there, I'm planning on feeding the horses early and Kelly and I will go riding. Need to try out ponying Penny off Cody in the arena and see how that works. Hope Pilot's eye surgery goes well today, DH.
  • Two trips to Kville for Pilot's eye surgery. Everything went well.
    He of course didn't feel like making any stops so I will still have to get to town sometime this week.

We will need Dane, cat and people food soon. I can get by without groceries but we have guests coming this weekend.
    Plan to lounge around the rest of the day. I haven't really slept for about 2 days?

I hope everyone is having a great day!

• Got out the girls first today.  One is a pony mare I've been doing remedial work with.  Little "miss airs above the ground" had built quite the reputation for herself.  As it is, we are working on keeping all the feet on the ground whilst in harness.  Her owner had her rather a bit too spoilt and she found out that being bad she would be put away.  That has changed.  Today we made a mile stone and dragged an old tyre around the yard.  No shennagans, no airs above the ground and she was mostly on the bit.  A bit strung out and that can be worked on later.  So all in all, I'm thoroughly pleased with her.

I also got out Jmebear's morgan, Crystal.  She's such a beautiful mare and just loves getting out to do something.  Then again, the cookies don't hurt either, LOL! 

My back is holding up rather well lately and it's really nice to be getting back to work.  I'm planning on getting Socks out after lunch then letting the big horses and the rest of the ponies out.  I was going to get Chance out too, but that might be a bit too much.

Well, I do hope everyone here has a great day. 

• Rough day for me. Work can be intense but it's gonna get intenser! :)

Glad the eye surgery went well. Is he blind now? (temporarily, of course)

Hope the little guy gets all better Dana.

Glad your back is doing okay.