Quick Post

Swift Sunday

Swift Sunday
  • Well just enough time to gulp down a quick breakfast then dash out the door for Church. Got everyone fed. The dieters are complaining about reduced rations, LOL. Poor babies! Hope everyone has a blessed day!
  • Happy Sunday!

Farrier was out this morning, so we had an early start. Taking a lunch break. I'm in the middle of shaving the cat. She's 20 and has gotten pretty matted lately (long hair), just not taking care of herself as she always has. And she no longer has the patience for brushing. It's taking a while so I'm giving her a break. She's been really good. I think we'll go for the lion look if I can pull it off.

Busy week ahead. K has band camp and L is going along to help the director. I have a couple of planning days with my leadership team. At least we're all going to the same place!  

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and fabulous week! Don't forget to hug your loved ones!

• IMG_0849.JPG

Good morning :)  My custom text editor doesn't come up anymore, just the file attachment icon..... not sure why?

Beautiful, cooler morning and day here.  Hot in the sun but I still have doors and windows open :)  I slept in a little because I couldn't sleep last night for some reason....  Swept and cleaned off the front walkway, door, in front of the garage.  We get a lot of feathers from the neighbors' peacocks, chickens and they tend to get stuck in any spider webs, corners, etc.  Went and trimmed trees, gave the horses lunch.  Swept and mopped the kitchen/family room, did some laundry.  Kelly and I were going to haul down to Fallbrook to ride there today but she bruised her tailbone yesterday during her lesson so begged off.  Maybe we'll just do any easy ride around here later.

Hubby is on his way home.  I need to figure out dinner.  Not feeling inspired... feel like a nap instead!  

Little Brewster seems to have some sort of pain going on either in one of his back legs or his spine, not sure.  The vet had said he has a loose patella in one leg, can't remember which  but he is walking evenly on both.  We noticed he wasn't very active yesterday, slept curled up in a ball unless we prompted/carried him to go outside, wasn't very interested in food.  He had started to really perk up but now this backslide and we noticed he is yelping when we pick him up and hold his behind :(  Gave him an 8th of a Tramadol last night.  This morning he really didn't want to go outside and just turned around to go back in, walking and shaking.  Got another dose down him with some food and tempted him to drink with chicken broth.  About an hour later, he toddled out of his corner so I took him out front while I worked on the entryway and he finally went to the bathroom and got a drink and looked much better.   Maybe one of the big dogs bumped him or something?  Poor guy.

Well, better get going on dinner and more laundry.

• Back from Savannah! It was a great break. Always nice to be home - the dogs are happy to see us, too. We got some good weather, I got some sun. Did a little swimming. A fish jumped and scared us both - me and the fish. We had some amazing food at a local dive that we will be visiting again!!

• Church this morning was fun.  The Vacation Bible School group shared their songs (with hand motions) and their week with us.  They had a good time and learned about salvation.  A good and Blessed time was had by all.

We left a little early so we could grab a bite to eat and get to the final day of our sale by one.  Who should appear at the same place we ate? Our fellow church goer veterinarian. (and his adorable daughter, Mom was home with the new baby she is 4lbs. 10 ozs. now.) Anyhoo, we sat together and I asked him if he was going to open his own practice.  YES!!!! He said he was looking for a place and I suggested a place he was considering.  Great minds think alike, we all know.  He is doing a few calls in his off hours and I asked if he would consider stopping and doing coggins, rabies and boosters for me.  He said , "yes".  He will stop after Church next Sunday.  I have to pay someone and it might as well be him.

We only held the sale for three hours this afternoon and did quite well.  No one bought the cherry double gate leg and (are you ready for this?)  THEY GAVE IT TO ME!!!  Tomorrow we will go back and pack up some of the things for our regular August sale and then put the remainder of things in the barn.  The couple in the house want to sort it out and keep some and after they are done,  I guess a dumpster will be coming in.  Met a lady there and she has seven generations of stuff stored in two barns and she wants us to come over and see about doing a sale for her.  I talked with her for a long time.  We have the same beliefs but she is far more learned about some things than I am and I really enjoyed our talk.

All in all a good day.  We needed milk so on our way home Hubby suggested we pick up an already roasted chicken and call it dinner.  Worked for me.

Hope everyone has a great week.