Quick Post

Wednesday work

Wednesday work
  • We are taking our regular volunteer day off tomorrow so I think I may go work for awhile today as make up.
    My work doesn't get done by anyone if I don't show up.
    I also would like to make a grocery run but Pilot wants to go work on the plane at the airport.
    We can't be gone from the dogs too long so we will have to see if it works.

1/8 inch of rain last evening so horses are in until afternoon.
    Farrier day yesterday.
    I need to work on Tex's backs. I should of just had them done but forces me to learn.

Well wishes for Rod.
    Everyone have a great day!
  • IMG_1751.JPG

Good morning :)  We have a nice, cool morning with a cloud layer. Our oldest is home for a couple days with her kittens as she has a client here in Riverside.  She does accounting audits.  The kittens are growing like weeds, remember being here from her vacation and are flying around like monkeys!

Kelly and I are off to pick up a TB mare this morning.  She used to belong to a Pony Clubber and when she got married and moved to Texas thought she had found a forever home for her but I found her offered for free the other day in a CL ad... I contacted the Pony Clubber and the person offering her and managed to get things set up for the mare, Hope to go to the horse rescue out in Yucca Valley that has helped me out in the past.  2 hour drive each way so it'll be a full day.

Need to get out and feed our horses and dogs.  Hubby is flying out for Ohio tonight for a motorcycle event and will be gone until Sunday.

I finally made it to the grocery store yesterday, DH, spent over $350!!  Needed to stock up on some things.  Was very disappointed though, got some ground chicken meat to make Hawaiian burgers and when I opened it up, it smelled horrible.... only $3 a package so not worth it in gas to go back to the store :(  Ended up making a great dinner with the chicken I was defrosting for tonight.  Crushed leftover tortilla chips, dipped the chicken strips in flour w/ seasonings, egg and then the chips and baked them for about 20 minutes.  Very good!  

Hope Rod is recovering comfortably with his new plumbing as my dad calls it :)

• Haven't heard from Rod yet.  Praying all is well.

Dana, remember when you wanted to keep your horse clean for an event?  Saw this yesterday and thought you would get a kick out of it. kind of cute.  You could still use the hood and neck slinky.

Did I mention that I found a girl with a harness who will sell it to me at a reasonable price?  I can then line drive Cinn and if she seems to know what she is doing, I can bring the jog cart down from the rafters, brush off the cobwebs, and maybe go for a drive.  Or, maybe not.  

We are getting set up for the Estate/barn sale this weekend.  Hope all goes well.  The family is going to appear tomorrow and bring stuff down to the sale site that they had in storage.  We took our folding tables over today and there are plenty of hollow core doors in the barn to use as tables, too.  I have a feeling most of the marking and displaying will be done Friday night.  It has to be in the barn and outdoors so we don't want to leave it unattended too long.

It is a beautiful day here.

• Made it to the grocery store. $200

Connie - Don't work too hard and I hope you get to drive.

• That's really cute, Connie!  Looks like they sewed the legs from 2 pairs of pajamas, onto a blanket.  Spirit has worn a Santa costume I made like that and didn't mind having pants of his legs, one bit!

Long, hot day.  The mare took 45 min. to get in the trailer.  She is pretty buddy sour and really didn't want to leave her friends which I can't blame her really but..... finally got on the road at 11 and didn't get back home until 4-ish.  It was about 100 degrees on the drive.  She traveled fine and is doing well there so far :)  So glad she's safe!

Hubby is at LAX awaiting his flight to Toledo where he then has a 5 hr. layover to wait for a  l hour flight?  Strange.... He had an extremely disappointing day as he just flew out to AZ and drove back the elevators for the DC-3 that had to have the engine rebuilt.  The elevators were to be installed today and one of them has something wrong, the guy who redid them bent something.... he's already cashed the check and is refusing to admit he didn't do something right..... hubby is feeling a bit defeated at this point.... So many delays and so many dollars......

So glad it is cooling off at night here.  Hope all is well in forum land :)