Quick Post

More liquid sunshine Monday

More liquid sunshine Monday
  • Another crystal clear, sunny day.  Supposed to get up to the mid-80's today.  Had a wonderful day yesterday.  Met up with our oldest, my sister and family for lunch at a nice, dog-friendly sidewalk cafe in Newport Beach, then visited where she lives and had an Easter egg hunt for my sister's kids.  Took Airess, Ayden and Princeton.  Got lots of attention at the mall :)  Poor Ayden was afraid of the fountain that sent up jets of water that would then come down with a slap.  Airess wanted to get in the fountain!  Guess Ayden hasn't been out much.

Regular day at work, then home to help with the usual Monday lessons except we're going to add some Easter games like balancing an egg in a spoon, delivering Easter eggs into buckets, etc.

Better go feed.  Kelly had so much fun riding at Galway Sat.  Wish I knew how to post pictures here so I could share.....

Have a great day all!

• Galway... is that part of Galway Downs outside of Temecula?  My wife used to take care of Race Horses there.

My back is out again.  Took it relatively easy yesterday and still it bothers me. 

We took the horses to the ranch in Anderson again on Saturday.  What a wonderful day!  The only detraction was the Paint Ball club was very active.  We decided on getting one of those recordings and acclimating the horses to the noise at home.  That way they hopefully will be a bit better about it all in the future.  All the same, we went for a short ride, had lunch, and the club shut down for the day.  We then had a lovely drive around the place.  Got out a bit late, but it was worth it.  Still, there are several roads I would like to explore under saddle.  Socks needs a bit more work in this area as he really doesn't like being backed.  Reminds me of a certain Arab I used to own...

Dana, posting pictures can easily be done if you are in the full editing pane.  One can still use pictures both off the net and home computer.  It's just that if one uses the internet hosting sites, one must use a straight URL for the photo, not the Forum Board Codes we had used  before.  I do hope you can figure this out as your pictures were always a delight to see.

Speaking of which, that reminds me to again ask Jmebear's daughter to share some of the pictures she took on Saturday.  I really would like to post some.  Socks was in fine form all day!

• Hi all. It's been a very productive Monday. I don't usually spend any time on personal stuff but my email has stopped and I'm bushed. I sent out all kinds of emails and am awaiting replies. Figures one just came in. But that's a good thing. Chatter brought me lunch and we went to a park and ate. Nice.

We passed a property with acreage for sale and I thought about Zag and got sad. I want to go see him because it feels like I will never be able to bring him home, wherever that is. So Chatter felt bad but it's not his fault. I chose this but at least I know Zag is in a really good place. Fat and, I'm sure, sassy. Still I want to go yell to him and have him come running to see me. Cuz I know he will. Then how long it's been since I've seen Texas. That depresses me too. Now Chatter has two GOOD, I mean GREAT, job opportunities looming and I still have Cuba, FL, RI, and TEXAS in the wings, possibilities...  So what if he gets an offer in NC and I get one in TX? UGH. He's followed me around a while and this would be his chance of a lifetime... Sometimes my life is very confusing. The thing is not to think about it. There are things that just can't be helped by thinking about them.

I talked with my mom today a good while. We will head out Saturday instead of Friday for VA. She wants to visit after the whole day is over (my stepdad's memorial) One job prospect is flying Jeff to FL for a site visit on a project that's in progress. It's a great way to introduce him to the work. They want him, they already know they want him. They're giving him a chance to really see what's going on so he can decide. Plus they haven't put dollar signs on it yet but it will pay well. It's not the NC job and that's the one he really wants. But it will keep us here in the Atlanta area. That would be great for me. But he will have a lot of travel, not really sure how much. Dang I can run on, huh?

I miss Kathi on here. Better get off of here. Hope the rest of Monday treats you all well!