Quick Post

Thursday snuck up on me!

Thursday snuck up on me!
  • Good gosh!  Has the week gone by already???    LOL, I love that one. 

Well, we succeeded in getting the '61 studee pickup.  It's here in Oak Run and I think it might go up to my friend Katchi's to hurry up the job on it.  Besides, all my supplies, oil, brake fluid, etc... are there and not here.  So, I might do that.  In the meantime today I'm headed to FLAPS to get new battery cables.

The ends are shot and the ground is sparking.  Found out yesterday that the fuel pump works... Doof that I am, I walked away and got involved with something else leaving the switch on.  Nothing was working at the moment so the brain fart didn't register.  It sure did when I came back and the truck stank of old gas!  It had sprayed gas into the open intake and literally filled it to the top with gas.  I think the plugs will have to be pulled and the engine turned over, just in case it filled a cylinder or two as well.  truely a moment of brilliance...    Ah well, at least it got most of the old gas out of the tank. 

We went to the ranch in Anderson yesterday with Chance and Socks.  They were both very well behaved.  I really had to get after Socks to get a move-on with that Phaeton.  It's a heavy vehicle and he doesn't really like that about it.  On the other hand, my back loves the cushy ride, LOL!     So silly boy will have to put up with it.  He sure appreciates the Pacific Cart now!   Chance was a real gem for Jmebear.  I think he likes going to the ranch.

I believe Connie mentioned how cold it is there in the frigid east and that her lilacs might not bloom this year.  Well, here's some spring flowers to cheer you up:

Had to include the money plants from George's place too.    I'd send you a bouquet, but since that's not possible, this will have to do.

Well, I'd better get to my breakfast.  The day is getting away from me.

I hope one and all have a great day!

• Thank you, Stude for the flowers.  It was warmer here today but Cinnabar's winter blanket wasn't too warm for her.  A nice wind was blowing and helping dry the ground.

My son stopped by today and brought a couple of little (GLAD they are little) boxes of Gertrude Hawk chocolates for Hubby and me.  Yum.  He left, and I checked the mail and found a card from him and his family.  Also a belated birthday card from my other son.  Younger son, the one with the late card, wrote some things inside of the card.  He ended with , "Thank you for life and everything good.  It is all because of you."  To say that I choked up would be an understatement.

Just put the horses back in the barn.  They are full of it today.  I think the combination of sun and crisp spring air is getting to them.  Time to show Cinnabar how to go down to the pasture and then let her go down with Harley.  Lena will have to wait until Cinnabar learns how to get around down there.

Holy Thursday (always Maundy Thursday growing up) is the day to commemorate the Lord's Supper.  Such a lot to remember this weekend.  May you all be blessed and thankful.

• This week has been all out of whack for me. So it's Thursday, huh?  Great. That means the next time I wake up it'll be Friday. Woo hoo! I get to go learn about HVAC controls tomorrow. That'll be fun. Glad the technicians are going to take the time to train me on it. I might not be able to make the formal training. But it means I'll have to make an unscheduled trip so I'll have to beg my way into authorization. Can be a hassle. Insurance and gas expense are two good reasons to go through it. I'm rambling....

The day was good... it's going down hill... Mr. Grumpy is wonderful to live with. Be glad when Mr. Happy comes back. LOL I'm going to go to sleep early!!!!

I really needed to see the lovely flowers!! Thanks!!!