Quick Post

Tuesday ride

Tuesday ride
  • Finally a break from the wind. Should be a beautiful day. 65* and sunny. Waiting for D to come ride. Pilot went with Dynamite to take the copter for a maintenance run to SA. No rain, just wind yesterday. I wouldn't mind the headaches if it meant getting rain. Everywhere around us gets rain.
  • We got your wind. And it's dropping down to low 30's. I did a site visit then swung by Home Depot and got some pine straw to cover my flowers. I'm going to work the rest of my day at home. I have two laptops open. But I'm eating my lunch so.... I have a lot of work to do. Including covering the plants. HD was bringing in all their plants in preparation for the frost/freeze. Just crazy. And Canada has humming birds. Go figure.

I hope you do get the rain you so badly  need in Harper. Hope the ride and flight both go well. Chatter left for FL again. Going to wrap up the electrical part of the remodel so his son can finish doing the carpentry stuff.

Better get to it. Praying for a quick cold snap, maybe kill off some of the early mosquitoes and other crawlies. Then I can finish planting stuff. What's out there so far is doing well. Better get it covered!!

(I saw an obnoxious ad today! So I know Stude's not going crazy. lol)

• Good Morning everyone

The buyer said no, he was older so I understand why he did. My grandma says that she's got a few other people that she wants to talk to about them. I guess I don't have a say in anything.

We're heading back home on Thursday morning. Not looking forward to the drive, but I think I'm ready to be back home. I miss the dogs and my little coffee buddy. Hubby told me he's ready to go home too, apparently when Teddy isn't sleeping with me I toss and turn like crazy. He's probably tired of fighting for bed space lol

Going to make our last rounds, seeing Hubby's dad today, and maybe a few friends too if we can spare the time.

I need to clean out the car..it's a little bit ridiculous lol

Have a great day everyone

• Willikins!  It is snowing here.  Went over to take care of the horses, I kept them in today because of the drastic weather change. I grabbed Cinnabar's blanket so I could put it on her and she was not happy.  I have never seen her so crabby.  She normally likes the blanket.  Then I realized it was my hat she didn't like.  I had a knit hat on...rather Amish shaped where I normally have a knit scarf and/or earmuffs.  I think the hat brought back some unpleasant memories.  Poor girl.  Since I have blanketed her, I can see the weight gain in two weeks.  Now that she is shedding I am realizing she didn't have that much winter coat.  To atone for upsetting her she got extra treats. She approved.

Hubby is supposed to mail a couple of cards for me on his way home.  Hoping he doesn't forget.  Life is good.

Triple, I went back to college on a Sunday and when I came home the following weekend, my mother had sold two of my horses.  It is hard to accept, but accept it we must even though it hurts. Hope you have a safe trip back home and get to snuggle with your pups and other assorted pets.

Bye for now.

• very breezy and the temp is dropping. I've done all I plan to do for the flowers so I hope they make it.

Eating left over lamb and rice stuffed cabbage. It's even better as leftovers. This was a recipe that someone wasn't crazy about when he heard it but once he tried it, he loved it. THANK GOODNESS!! I'm really having fun finding recipes and trying strange food.

Did I mention I miss him already?

When I was 16 my  mom said I had to start paying for my horse's feed. But I didn't have a job. So get one. But I didn't have a car to get to work. So buy one. How? Sell the horse. Looking back it wasn't a really wise thing she did but.... it got the horse sold.

Wonder how much to ship Diablo to KY? Dawn's is $125/mo.

• Pilot called and they are driving back. hmmm.

Great ride. Tex did very well. I'm always surprised at how well he does, I shouldn't be surprised anymore, he is just a great horse?

Going to check with Agape ranch and see if they are still riding on Weds. If so I may start taking Sarcee there to get some long rides logged on her.

Our turkey hen has been laying on her nest all afternoon.

Off to shower before Pilot gets in. Roast chicken is ready for dinner.

Everyone have a wonderful evening!