Quick Post

Moving to SC?

Moving to SC?
  • Thanks PaintedLady!! 
    I will know more once the time gets closer, and once we are on the road. 
    I am also looking into getting a small LQ. (its what I am saving for while here)  Would either of you two have room?  When I say small, I mean 2 horse, with a 4 or 6 foot short wall. 
    I think its exciting to be able to network like this, and be able to meet in person!!
  • [':)']  My gosh...you need a bed???  [':)']   (It *is* okay if she picks 'your' room, right Hunter??)  Just let me know when, (as the time draws closer...) and I'll make it my BUSINESS to be here!!
    And there's plenty of room to turn a rig like that around here....I think...
    Let's put it this wAY....I had NO problems w/ our 2 horse BP...so I'd not anticipate any problems for you, either...
    we didn't have LQ tho....
  • I know, I am high maintenance!! LOL.  I would probably just stay in my trailer... (IF I get it, and if not, I may just invest in a cot and sleeping bag-its an Army thing!)

BTW, PaintedLady, I love your Siggy!  Had to post that as my FB status!!
  • I can relate to the cot/sleeping bag thing.  If you do it that way then your own bed at journey's end will be all the more comfortable.

Painted Lady's been to my house and I've visited her I want to say 3 times.  It would be exciting to be able to lend you a hand.  
  • Have to admit, that I do NOT understand the army cot thing!  (They just seem so UNcomfy to me...then again...what Hunterseat says, makes sense!
    OOOoooooooooooooo...FB, huh? (Me too!) I've been wanting to add this picture, too...just never got around to it!  You'll have to tell us your ID so we can 'hunt you up'!  (I'll share my cell # with you there)
    Believe me...I know how time waits for NO man!  (or woman!)  So...when you know more...you can just leave us know...':)'
  • From Northern CA, 99 to 58 to 40 through NM is an easy route. We've hauled a horse and driven it several times. There are plenty of places to stop and many of the rest stops in New Mexico have pens available to let your horse move a little bit. I haven't been past the New Mexico boarder into Texas on 40 in a very long time, so I can't tell you anything beyond that point.
  • Thanks CPG,
    I took that rout into cali, just had to add 20 and 101.  (we are WAY north)
    and I did not know that about NM, thank for the tip!! 
  • I think it is SO COOL when everyone chimes in like this!  I knew nothing about NM either!  [':)']
  • the things that stick out from my last trip are West TX wind isn't much fun. Flagstaff AZ is the snow capitol of 40!  And CA is the only state that wanted to see papers, But didn't know what they were looking for.
  • WOW!  Now I know about the Texas wind!  (Something I'd have never thought of!)  AND we know about the rt. 40 snow capital!  (Who'da thunk it in AZ???)
  • Being retired military, we have done a few cross country moves with the horses and so we really can appreciate a helpful overnight boarding facility.  We are here in Wichita Falls, TX and we have plenty of room for your horse/horses to stay a night or two.  We are not a business, just giving a helping hand.  Just give us a heads up!!
  • I'm in southern Cal (Riverside) by March AFB, don't know that that would be part of your route but if you needed a place to stay, we have plenty of room ':)'

In '76 we drove our horse all the way to Homer, AK!  Sounds like you've got long-haul trailering down.
  • Thanks for the offers!!!  They are greatly appreciated!!  I may be taking you up on them.....
  • Might have some Vegas connections, too.  I'd have to check with the people there first before I could say for sure.  AND Colorado.  LOTS of them!
  • What I find frustrating is in order to travel out of state,  having to pay $10 -$20 per horse for health papers that are only good for a month and that are pretty much never used.  Accept for one time 8 yrs, ago at Custer State Park, SD, we were actually asked for them, including proof of ownership.