Quick Post

Saturday...Coffee.horse food....headed to the park soon.

Saturday...Coffee.horse food....headed to the park soon.
  • YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

The horses are headed up for breakfast, the sun is out, the clouds are high & light. Weather calls for a high of 70°. It's going to be a great day! The trailer's loaded with everything but the horses, coffee is brewing. Did I mention I'm excited to be going out riding? Here's hopeing everyone has a great day.

Oh yeah, good morning!! LOL.
  • SO good to hear you have a sunny day!  Maybe we will get one soon.  It was nice yesterday - I was at work.  I won't go through the list of things that needed doing around here.  It's almost as though I don't even HAVE two additional adults under my roof..... nuff said.... [>:]
    I planned to sleep in.  Usually the dogs come alive JUST before my alarm goes off so I did a little experiment.  I set the alarm ahead to 7am.  Nope.... it was about 5am when they started stirring.  I came straight up out of bed when I heard water hitting the floor, compliments of old Max boy.[:@]  So I see lightning flashing from a distance - no rain yet.  I got dogs out, fed horses, moved iron bed from porch to shop where I'll probably have to finish painting it, got shop side door closed [>:]  put gas can away [>:] pulled tarp out from under truck and put in shop so I can use that for painting [>:] Got laundry in from porch[>:] tried to re-dig my drainage a little at the stall since my son did SOME and it ended up flooding a little section but he never tried to correct that [>:] Then came in, loaded dishwasher [>:]  I really don't know how much I can take.  I sure hope he gets orders soon.  It's frustrating having to do everything as well as pay bills.  I'm so sorry to be complaining.  I sorta needed to get that off my chest.  [:-]

Okay, they could have left THIS guy out [X(] What the heck is he doing?  Is he protecting himself from Swine Flu?  Is he reading? Blowing his nose? Crying? 

OH!  we got dime sized hail just a little while ago.  Just as I was digging, the rain started.  I got in the house and the hail started.  Maggie-dane got put out for her morning toilette and she climbed under the porch never to be seen since. [8|]
  • OK. It's official. The one thing we forgot last night was ice for the cooler. Always at least one thing huh? Hope to take pictures, who knows maybe my sweetheart will get a video of Harley jumping some of the downed trees.

Hunter, our dogs have an internal alarm as well. Every morning around 5 AM. I can count on three little faces, OK two little ones and on BIG one at the edge of the bed whining. In order they want out, loved on & fed. And we say we have them trained???? Right.

I'm outta here, the trails are calling.
  • it is cloudy here but in the sixtys already.  might be more rain.

Hunter Cheer up,  tomorrow is mothers day,   maybe they will let you sleep in
    and they will do everything and serve you breakfast in bed.

Harley have a great ride,   bring back pics. 
  •  morning all.  Typing with Matthew on my lap.  Its hard to do anymore he is so big.  Growing up.  Well its not raining but the sun isn't really out either and its cooler.

Taking Matthew to town to the farmers market to pick out some flowers for Mom.  They are coming home on monday but I wanted to get a couple of really big pretty hanging baskets to greet her as she walks up the porch.   Also I am going to get Matthew dressed up and get a really goo pic of him and have several 8x10s made for everyone. 

Hunter honey you are such a wonderful person!  They should be soo glad its you there and not me.  I'm affraid I don't have much tolerance for things like that, if they are under your roof they should pich in and help.  My irish temper would most likely show its ugly head. 

I hope that tomorrow they remember how wonderful you really are and make it a great day for you!!

Harley happy trails! bring us back soem pictures. 
  • Morning my friends, I'm about to go feed the horses... Did you hear that, me, about to feed the horses!!! And muck!!! Oh the healing wonders of mucking! I'm in heaven.

Slept great last night except for my irritationg dane. She cried all night. And all morning for that matter. She has been like this a lot lately. (since girlwonder left) She just isn't a happy camper anymore. I went to bed at 9:30 last night. I feel good.

I have plans to do homework and ride today. Life is good. I hope you all have a good day too.

Harley- it's amazing how riding and spending time with our horses pulls at our heart strings. And is the best medicne ever. Have a great trip. Are those your horses in the error box? Nice looking horses those are.

Second- you didn't say what you are doing today. are you serving your wife breakfast in bed tomorrow. Now that you have stated a standard I hope you walk the walk. lol

Trainer- You boy will NEVER be to big to sit on your lap. In your heart anyways. But soon he will feel he is a big boy and will not sit on your lap. Heck, my girls don't like hugs or kisses anymore either. So enjoy them. Most, not all, kids go trough some kind of long stage where they don't want it. And you are always a good daughter to your mother. Good for you.

Hunter- my dad is in the same boat as you. My brother just joined the Army becuase he has nothing else. He has a collage ed but his girl friend and her ensesive whining has put a stop to all jobs. He has signed the papers but doesn't leave until Aug. and has no place to stay. So my dad is letting them stay at his mothers house. He did that once before and they trashed it. I expect that to happen again. But if my dad didn't let them stay there they would be on the street. Don't worry, soon they will be Uncle Sam's problem.

• Oh,  senior moment there.  LOL

I have spent the morning looking and calling places to rent a tux for the boy
    he decided he wants to go to the prom next Sat.   So on such short notice some
    places want an extra charge.   so I am finding 70 to 180 bucks to rent a tux
    now we are going to the flower shop .  LOL.

Ah shiver,  she is not my mom.   LOL..........
  • Morning, woke up to the smell of a brush fire somewhere.  Can't see any plumes so it must be somewhere not so local, haven't heard any sirens either and we're near a fire station.  Up early and horses, dogs already fed.  Haven't seen the cats yet.  Must still be curled up with a girl.  We have a couple extras due to sleepovers so lots of warm bodies to go around! 

Gary splurged a little and bought a movie projector on EBay the other day, plus an inflatable movie screen, 12 feet tall!  So, we heated up the jacuzzi, set it all up on the pool decking and watched a movie and ate pizza last night out in the lovely evening weather, with the full moon shining down.  Fantastic night, too cool!

A local trail riding group is holding a trail ride up in the park nearby so I'm going!  Kids have friends over so they aren't going, hubby has to work but the BO where we ride wants to go and I'm taking Spirit along for her hubby to ride.  It's supposed to be cooler today which is perfect ':)'  Later I need to drive to Mira Loma (All4Grace territory) and load up on hay.  Spent $16.95 a bale on bermuda the other night to get me through the weekend when I can get it in Mira Loma for $12.95!!  Hi Bonnie!!!  I can never seem to get it right, the right ratio of bales of orchard and bermuda to get me through.....

My MIL has company coming in from out of town and said not to worry about Mother's Day for her tomorrow, we'll catch up another day so that means I'm free to go to my dad's in San Diego and celebrate my Grammy's 98th birthday!  I'm supposed to bring a big chocolate cake so I'll be working on that later today.  My Grammy is the most amazing person.  She had 5 boys, survived Pearl Harbor, the Depression, has never been hospitalized for anything other than those 3 boys and still lives in her own home, although with her vision failing she does have someone come in a couple hours a day to help shop/clean, etc.   

Have a great trip, Harley! 

Hang in there, Hunter.  Maybe you need to sit down with those two "adults" in your house and make up a contract with your expectations while they're there.  You work hard enough without having to clean up after them too!

Lucky me, my dogs mostly sleep until 7 on weekends, get out earlier on weekdays.  Skyler is still in a crate as he's in the major beaver phase!!

Enjoy your retreat and ride, Shiver.  Sounds great.  Lucky for me, my two youngest are still love bugs for laps and hugs, no kisses anymore but my oldest is a prickly pear, always has been since around 8!!  She gives PDA only when we've done something really nice!!
  • Good morning all!

Grumpy, grumpy little girls around here this morning. Anybody want one? It seems the weather only gets truly yucky on Saturday. We've got cloud cover and the winds are already up. Supposed to be around 40 mph. Guess that's what we get for living in the desert. They've gone off to feed the neighbors' horses so maybe they'll come back in a better mood. We've only got about two weeks of school left so maybe they'll get to ride more.

Had another busy week with 4-h meetings, horse judging and choir/band concerts. Both girls had their concert the same night at different schools. Dad went to one, I went to the other. Video taped them both so each of us could see our girls.

This week The Girls are going to start 4-h barrel racing. Should be interesting.

Harley, have a great ride! Hope everyone has a great day!

• We are FLOODED, roads flooded, trapped in the hollow, everything is WET! Poor chickens look like drowned rats,,, went to get hay, a family of SNAKES took up residence, hubby please come home soon!
  • Morning everyone!   Dunkin Donuts french vanillia in the pot so help yourself ':)'
    Stepson decided he wanted to stay home with his mom this weekend for mothers day so hubby and I grabbed the bikes and headed out yesterday Woo Hoo we stopped by the house after a couple of hours as my allergys where bugging me and dropped mine off and went out 2up for the rest of the night ':)' it was awsome he's back out of town on Mon.
    Not much planned this morning just cooked a big breakfast and then I guess I'll get it together and head out to take care of the princess ':)'
    Hope everyone's day is a good one!

My cats have that intearnal alarm, now I just need to re-adjust it since I don't have to get up at 4:40 am anymore!
  • Dang....it's cloudy here, and pretty darn cold too (46* right now, after a week of temps near 70* and 77*).....was going to get out and do some biking today, but me thinks not now. Looks like rain too.....   [&:]
  • We have a swampy mess in our field.  Our poor horses - not a dry spot to be found.  May have to let them take turns in the open stall so they can dry out their hooves. 

Guess we are going to be planting trees later.  That should be fun.  Fell on my butt last night just going out to feed horses - of course - right into muck.  [:'(]  Hoping NOT to repeat that performance today...
  • its my b-day today, but it is also thunderstorming! This is the 2nd day! Thunder and lightning and hail and rain all night!
  • Had a great ride.  About 20 riders showed up.  Cody was perfect.  He always wants to meet the other horses, so friendly and curious but the older ones don't appreciate his interest!  A lady who adopted a filly the same year and place that I adopted Cody was there and it was fun to compare them now that they are mostly grown up.  Cody is about 2 hds. taller.  The mare, Dakota and Cody were very interested in each other.  The owner said they were saying "I got a good home, how about you?"  Saw a beautiful rosy boa alongside the trail, lots of hawks and lizards.  Luckily, it cooled off some today.

Just got back from picking up 20 bales of hay.  Luckily I don't need it tonight and was thinking of asking hubby to help me do it tomorrow morning as a Mother's Day treat ':)'

I need to shower off all the trail dust and get to the store.  I am supposed to make a big chocolate cake for my Grammy's 98th birthday party tomorrow and since the weather is so nice, I was thinking shish kabobs, corn on the cob, biscuits and salad would be a good dinner out on the patio.

Sending some sun your way to all the soggy places!  Don't worry, you'll be laughing at me when it hits 112 here in Southern Cal!