Quick Post

WOOO HOOOO, we got a new horse

WOOO HOOOO, we got a new horse
  • Bless you and all the people who love horses so deeply. I have 4--had 5 until my ancient pony passed away. I truly can't afford to care for any more horses, so I have to stay far away from any in need. Like most of us, I'd love to be rich, but rather than buying a mansion, cars or boats, I'd establish a huge horse sanctuary!
  • hunterseat,
    OH MY GOODNESS !!! LONG STORY and NOT a good one on the loading story !!! Iv NEVER been so COMPLETLY ANGRY in all my entire life !!!!!! The auction people "thought" they would help, But what shoulda and woulda been a good loading and hauling turned VERY BAD !! VERY FAST !!! I wasnt going to mention that or get into detail as I just really thought id put it behind us, and move on to better pastures..... Story is the kill buyer leaves his purchases at the auction yard untill the truck comes to haul them up to canada slaughter house, and so we picked our horse up there at the auction yard, honestly.....DO NOT EVER allow auction people to help you load a horse FOR ANY REASON !!!! and yes, thats howe he aquired "some" of the injurys, buit not all, ....he had quite a few injurys when we got there =(
      On a good note, his second haul to his final destination to his home with us  after his quarantine time went very well, we loaded him right up into the trailer with absolutely no problems at all, "prob cause auction people were not there this time  " lol
      the youtube account is my daughters, she has tons of videos there, but nope not my account or my horse for sale, thats my problem, lol....I keep pets FOREVER once I have them, lol.... My daughters the one who made the video =)

• That's kind of what I thought.  The rearing up and dents on the door... that boy was scared!  The song really were perfect.  (how'd she do that?)  I really felt my heart creeping up into my throat.  I'm glad he loaded well after quarantine. 

I hope he's a good riding horse.  He's really not in too bad condition from what I can see.  I've got mine forever, too. 
  • yea, poor boy was TRAMATIZED !!! His original owners just abandoned him for slaughter at the auction, then he was bought by the kill buyer !! =( and  was A&nbsp';p'retty terryfying expirience for him, Welll hes  not broke to ride, =( but we knew that and didnt care, we just wanted him out of the kill pen and safe.. =) I got new video of him today with kotee that ill try to post this evening,  I will let him take the winter to settle in and gain his trust, and put on some pounds, then in the spring ill hire a trainer for him to break him... I was watching him tonight , I sat in his field and read my book so he could see me without feeling threatend by me, and for the first time since I met him, he was completely relaxed, calm, and looked very happy just grazing on the grass and watching me  =)
       my mom got her results back today =(  doctor was right, she has aggressive *** cancer, Im a wreck and  trying to catch my mind, pull myself together, to  be there for my mom, I been keeping myself busy 24/7 so i dont go crazy, she has a consult apt next tuesday for her options, Im really scared =(    I have put off my apt for my kidneys, as i really want to be there for my mom and my kidneys have had major problems for 20 years now, they can wait a little longer !! =/

• Got the video completed !!!! =)
    What do you guys think ??? =)
    I tried picking songs that matched the moments in his  time,  
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyVmI0IpNg
  • Very nice! [':)']

He looks to me to not be an alpha horse.  The way he held back when your horse was saying "C'mere!!!  I wanna smell you!"  I bet he'd be so easy to work in a round pen with very little pressure.  He looks like a great horse. 
  • Poor guys sooo low on the pecking order, hell just stand there and quiver in his hooves, I feel so bad for him, hes completly more of a people horse than a horse that wants to be with horses, unlike Kotee though, this guys got that arab prance and spook to him, very flighty,  tail straigh up, where is kotee is more like a mule , lazy and blahhhhhh .......
    I cant wait to get a trainer going on these guys, I will give casper till spring to settle in before hiring a trainer on him, I wanna let him settle in a recoup first from his trama first .
  • Owning a horse as a pet seems to be quite an enchanting and a great idea, its nearly a a great thing of appreciation to own a horse for the, its just same sas one owning a dog as a pet but a thorough knowledge of taking care of it as much a s its health is concerned..

Animal hospitals in new york
  • Somewhat dis-jointed post there Jared.

So, how's the fellow doing Keboe?  Has he gotten more integrated with the herd?  It's so nice hearing of happy endings like this to what otherwise would have been a tragedy!   It's so sad when people lose hope and their animals suffer for it.
  • I'm so glad he has a forever home now. I don't understand how some horse owners can be so heartless. Have fun with him.
  • [quote=cowgirldude]

I'm so glad he has a forever home now. I don't understand how some horse owners can be so heartless. Have fun with him.

Perhaps Andy, and then again maybe they were just desparate.  We live in that kind of time.  There are a lot of people who are in terrible straights in this country right now.

• How wonderful you are for rescuing the poor baby!!  All three of ours were rescue horses and we love them!!!