Quick Post

WOOO HOOOO, we got a new horse

WOOO HOOOO, we got a new horse
  • Long story short, I heard of this arab up in enumclaw who went thru auction, and sold for a measly $75 to the kill buyer and he was set to ship out to the canada slaughter house, =( My heart broke, I couldnt sleep at night, I didnt need another horse, but I couldnt live with myself KNOWING I COULD give him a forever home, so looks like chakote has got a new barn mate =) ....  I took a long 9 hour round trip drive at the spur of the moment, grabbed my jacket and ran out the door, tripping over my own feet as i was running, I drove in the pouring rain, into the night, with both my kidneys having one of there attacks =( I never pulled a horse trailer before, SO i was petrified !!! But proud i did it, and I JUST LOVE this guy !!! Going to take time to win his trust, hes been quite tramatized, but hes just a sweetheart and a beauty of a boy, now i got a white arab, and my black arab =) i really shoulda named them salt and pepper, HA HA HA HA

This is what we drove up to see when we went to pick him up, he was in the rain on concrete and mud and barkdust piles =( waiting for the truck to arrive =(

...........And this is him today in his new home with us, 4 days after we rescued him =) ..........................

• Forgot to post his video....ooops, he is a 6 year old gelding, the songs in his video fit his life story PERFECTLY !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4bNub-7jXg&feature=share
  • God Bless You!   He is beautiful!  How brave you were to haul in the rain when you had never pulled a trailer before.  Enjoy your new horse!
  • thank you soooo much !!! =)  its such a rewarding feeling and he is truly a special boy =)
  • Wow, what an adventure!   What a nice looking horse too!   I do hope everything works out brilliantly for the both of you.  I so love a happy ending.
  • Nice horse, nice head.
  • He looked so scared and now he looks like his fairy godmother granted his wish.  The face is priceless.  He's a nice looking boy, too!!!  My riding friend locally has a gray arab named Rebel. (Zag's train buddy) She previously had another who lived a long life.  So I'm partial to gray arabs.  I think you did a wonderful thing!!!!!  Thank you from my little herd of rescues!!
  • Such a beautiful face.  I love the Arab head.  Hope he works well for you.
  • He is a really nice looking horse.  Any idea how he ended up in such dire circumstances?  Well, Keboe/Chakote? now has a buddy.  Congrats on your new "Unicorn."
  • thanks everyone =) and I have Nooooo idea how he ended up at auction, =( could be anything i guess from divorce, to bad economy and someone couldnt afford him, maybe disgruntal spouse ??? Ill never understand how someone could drop off such a preciouse living creature at a meat auction and feel good about themselves, he sold for a measly $50.00 and was headed into canada for slaughter =(  I just couldnt walk away from rescuing him, I couldnt sleep at night, I REEAALLYYYY didnt need or want another horse, but it was the right thing to do and chakote " Ko-Tee "  is a pretty happy camper having his new buddy come home to our house today) we named the new boy MyTaz, "Taz" for short....Taz got out of quarantine today and just arrived here home with us about half hour ago =)   YYAAEEEEEEE =)
         thanks for all the kind responses, its sure been a busy week, hes been so tramatized and difficult to handle, and catch, not to mention building a whole new barn from ground up in only 3 days for him, now its time to focus on my failing kidneys and my mom who really needs me, =( she just found out she has *** cancer and iv been running sooo completely crazy i have put my family and my own health aside lately.....
  • Correction, sorry..... He sold at auction for 75.00 , lol.... not sure how I got 50.00 in my head there, guess im tired and brain farting =) lol .....either way, a ridiculouse amount,
  • Congrats on the new addition to your family ! He's very handsome.
  • Well, however he got to you, you were his angel in disguise!  Sounds like you need to take care of yourself and your mom.  What can be done for your kidneys?
  • Glad he is safe somewhere.

I am curious the same "account" of the video you posted has another horse for sale.  Is that horse yours too?
  • yikes.  Kidneys don't come back once they fail.  FOLLOW YOUR DIET!!! 

So who was that loading and who was that long-lining him?  The video was amazing.  Those dents on the trailer door are pretty dramatic.  Is that where he messed up his leg? 

I noticed a bunch of videos on that English Rider account on youtube....  I saw the other horse for sale.  I didn't look at the video.