Quick Post

beautiful cool morning and

beautiful cool morning and
  • a question.  Cherish has neglected feet.  I have her on BOSS and got her shod Friday.  She is doing fine.  A friend with grey Arabians and an App suggested Kevlar hoof sealant....I can get it but have always been told (race horses) to grease the feet...any input from my friends here?  I want her to stay sound and grow those feet out.

Thanks.

• Connie the answer is...

Patience, BOSS and patience.

B came yesterday and I got a short ride on both Prize and Chica.

I was ecstatic by how well both did.

Then it rained and more rain to come all week.

I hope everyone has a well one.

• I wish we would have a few cool rainy days here...  But this is California.  We won't see that for another three months.  Five, if we get an Indian Summer...

• We have used Kevlar and would do so again.

• what condition did you use it for, Face?   I want the best for her and her health was pretty neglected before she came to me.

• Connie, sorry, I was confused. We were using Keratex to help prevent bruising on the sole. They both start with a "K"! hahahah.

• Thank you for the additional information..I was concerned about putting a permanent polish on the hoof wall preventing it from breathing...I know my fingernails don't do well or stay healthy if I use polish...the tip about the sole is good , however.  Thank you.