Quick Post

Saturday and Cherish

Saturday and Cherish
  • taught me that I need to shut the walk through door at the barn.  Tessa left Thursday and is going to a home.  Friday was Cherish's first time outside all day and I left her out last night...she has the 14 x 30 shed that is knee deep in hay to take shelter in...also where she gets fed.  Soooo this morning, I went over and she realized I was there .  I went in the barn and proceeded to feed the cats.  I heard horse hooves on wood floor...I had not shut the walk through door and she decided to come in and see about breakfast.  I went over telling her to whoa, and then asked her to back out...she did.  I must remember to shut that door.  Today I will go back over and open the gate from the barnyard to the pasture and let her have access to grass.

A friend offered to sell me a gaited mare that is super with everyone and can be ridden all the time or once in a while...she also camps.  He has more than he has pasture for this year.  I would love her but do not need another horse .  Sure wish I knew someone who does.  She is 17, 15 hands and solid.  A pretty flashy marked pinto.  

For some reason my body clock thinks 5am is the time to wake up...hoping the clock resets when the days get shorter.

Hoping all have a great weekend and that you all find some weather changes for the better.

• Today is Sunday and is going to be HOT. Not sure if I am up for a morning ride. Temps not so bad now, but it is humid!!

Couple weeks ago our AC shut down. Main unit is in attic and where they rain the drain line  it to the low end of the house and it ends in the ground now. Cut the pipe and this was about 6 feet of roots in it. You have to crawl on the low end but the other side you can stand. WAfter I cut the pipe the water had been draining under the house which is not good.  Yesterday when shopping for new pipe and fittings, cut the pipe again on the point where it drops down under the house and reran it to the high end. It is draining outside once again. Don't understand why they put it where they did. The way I ran it was less than 15 feet. The way they went was 30+ feet. Where they put it is where the compressor is outside, can't imagine there is any code syaing it has to drain next to the compressor.