Quick Post

Sunday Storm

Sunday Storm
  • Stude be safe.

We only got a spit of rain.
    Windy today, gusts to 45 mph.

I was able to get Tex's fronts mostly done yesterday.
    He still needs his backs trimmed.
    And then on to miss diva Chica.

I would like to get them finished before Wednesday.
    I go back for another epidural and probably shouldn't strain for a few days.

I hope everyone has a safe Sunday.
  • Not much wind here.  However the rain has been pounding since early morning.  Had to feed during a downpour.  Thank God for that barn!  

Also, thank God for the tractors we have had around this place!  I have been able to do repairs to the septic and regrading that couldn't have been done otherwise.  One of the Parishioners at our  Church lent me an old Ford tractor years ago.  Well, he gave it to me, the wife decided it was a loan after he died though.  No problem.  Then Jmebear's dad died and left her a bit of money with which she bought a wonderful little Kubota.  We have had nearly ten years with the little gem and it has equated itself well.  Somehow she has to come up with the money to rebuild the clutches or transmission though.  All the same, the water drains off the property, the mud is minimized, the Septic tank works well, and we are otherwise comfortable.  So, praise God for all the blessings we know and enjoy!  I go out in the rain we are getting this year and am nothing but thankful for the blessings we have had over the past ten or fifteen years!  

God is good and takes care of us.

I have come to a bit of a conundrum with the Greenhouse.  Kind of a mini lumber shortage.  However, I do believe I can still finish it.  Just not as nicely as I had hoped.  That's okay though as long as I can get it together in a way that is useable.

I am stopped with the project on Bess till I get home and till parts are delivered.  Still here in Oak Run, but that's okay.  It's snowing in Fawn Lodge today.  Should be interesting going up the hill in a few days.

I hope everyone around here has a pleasant and blessed Sunday.

• When driving an interstate bus there is a speil we have to give before leaving the terminal.  I usually stood in front of the bus with the microphone facing my passengers (not all drivers did) with the lights still on so that I could see all their faces.  I made no use of my spanish for over a decade, so often could only repeat small portions of it that were important to those passengers.  Still, as a bit of levity, I would say to them at the end, "You can be assured of a safe drive because the only things legal to drop on the highway are water and chicken feathers.  Yes, your driver is a chicken.  Puede estar seguro de que conducirá con seguridad porque lo único que es legal dejar caer en la carretera es agua y plumas de pollo. Sí, tu conductor es una gallina."  I think the Spanish is right on that...  The last bit would usually get a laugh and some applause from the passengers.  I would then wish them a pleasant trip, take my seat, shut off the overhead lights and depart.  I had a friend who was also a driver who spoke Mexican-Spanish and he helped me to get those segments right.  The last is all that I can remember. Sorry, it has been a lot of years since.  Yeah, I'm still just as chicken on the road (LOL, wink).  No worries about being safe on the road.  It's an obsession of mine.  Then again, I used to drive in Southern California and the San Francisco Bay area with a better than average driving record.  That's saying something (wink).

Sorry DH, your comment brought back memories.  Greyhound was an... interesting company to work for.

It has been a continuous downpour since four o'clock.  Again, that makes me thankful for those old tractors!  I don't have a sea of mud anymore between the house and the barn and the side of the house between it and the hay barn is no longer a shallow, fast running stream.  Oh the blessings of a tractor and gravel!

Again, I hope everyone around here has a great week.  Hopefully all the storms blowing through California have largely blown themselves out before they cross over to you.