Quick Post

Muck up Monday.

Muck up Monday.
  • Thanks, about Raven.

I love having chickens.  However up here we have to cover all six sides of the fly-space with wire and often wire under the coop as well.  The Preds love stopping by for Kentucky Fried on a regular basis.  Other than that they're a lot of fun.  Ours only get out in the late afternoon for an hour or so in order that they'll stay close to the house.  Even that isn't on a regular basis since the Preds ARE watching and will time it to snatch a juicy snack.  Our girls love leftover cooked rice.

The vermin patrol (kitties) are having a great time chasing each other around the yard.  Love to watch them play.

tried to move Bess today.  She said no.  Broke the left tail light in the process (grrr...).  Fortunately, she isn't a Packard.  The tail light lenses aren't horribly expensive.  Seems the Hill Holder is locked up... again.  I really should remove the thing.  It's not like I live in San Francisco or anything.  So I have to get underneath and tap it with a hammer to see if I can get the silly ball to drop out of the cage and release the brakes.  Oi...  Such fun...  I just LOVE crawling in the mud to do this kind of stuff...  Mumble, mumble, mumble...

Poured all night and Misty Moisty this morning.  The ridge across the canyon is beautiful with the patches of fog creeping around in the trees.

Hope everyone has a great week.

• Turns out it wasn't the Hill Holder.  The right front brake was locked up.  Ah... vintage cars.  Thankfully the brake lens won't be very expensive.  Bess is contentedly ensconced in her new tent.