Sunday So

Sunday So
  • windy here.
    Going to be gusts to 45 mph all week.
    We cancelled our ride today.

The last calf turned out to be a bull.
    We will make him a steer.

Everyone have a great weekend.
    I will put rocks in my pocket so I don't blow away.

• LOL, "I will put rocks in my pocket so I don't blow away."  My mother used to call me skinny-ickins, because I was to very thin right up into my twenties.  Twiggy thin.  She used to threaten to do the same to me when it was windy.  I suppose it was a good thing she didn't want to lose me?

• Wife and her ex coworker did their ride yesterday and all went well. The coworker had had horses in her youth but had not been on one in 40 years. She loved it and wants to come back to ride again. It was breezy here and we think that mad Apache a little stubboirn, but then, that is what he is on a normal day at times.

Serious weather coming tomorrow (Tuesday). Expecting 2+ inches of rain and possible wind gust up to 60 MPH. Will check my gas supply for the generator today and fill up the emgergency water tank for the horses. While the weather is usually not as bad as they predict by the time it makes it to SC it is better to be prepared. Horrse will move into barn tonight and probably stay until Wed morning. Hoping system moves out so they can spend a couple hours out Tues afternoon/evening before moving in for the night. Pasture will need to dry out some before they spend the night out. It will turn into a river if the rain is what they expect it to be,