Quick Post

Slippery Sunday

Slippery Sunday
  • We had mist or drizzle overnight.
    Jet has a tough time keeping his legs under him normally.
    Slick doesn't help.

He has to work hard to get alfalfa down even though I strip the stems out.
    I am going to switch him to all soaked cubes and pellets.
    A combination of alfalfa cubes, alfalfa and bermuda mix pellets plus mare and foal.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

• Yeah, I can relate to winnowing Alfalfa.  Did that for Auntie Bea for two years.  Then I gave up and just gave her soaked Beet Pulp and Alfalfa pellets.  Then she got a few cups (Bea Bea was a Mini) of Senior.  As small as she was, it didn't cost much more than hay.  She was on the soaked pellets and dry Senior for a year till she passed recently.  She did well on it.

Well, we've had two hard frosts here in Fawn Lodge and that was the end of the Tomatoes and Peppers.  I'll be taking the cover down today and working on getting the framework up for the Greenhouse.  It has been delay, delay, delay on this project.  About the same as for the pickup.  Gotta get that going too.

A very cold morning today.  Glad there's just a light breeze.  I think I'll get some new propane tanks in the next thirty days or so.  These little tanks are a pain.  However my hundred pound tanks are just too heavy and awkweird to work with.

Hope everyone has a great week coming up.