Quick Post

Monday Move

Monday Move
  • Helping another friend move today.
    The last of four.
    She is staying semi local.

She has done most of it herself making multiple trips.
    We are taking the truck and helping with the big stuff.
    It will be good weather.

Everyone have a great week.

• Cold here this morning...  Had to fill her tub with buckets because I left the hose hooked up and it froze.  oops.

Tessa is eating again...for a bit she didn't really like her sweet feed.  Got her special pellets...expensive, and now she wants both...guess she is worth it.

A person who gets horses from a slaughter dealer and then tries to get them sold for him before he loads them for slaughter got a small load in yesterday.  A gorgeous Arab gelding in the bunch...oh how tempted I am but I do not need two horses to winter.

Hope all have a wonderful day and week.

• Been very dry here for us. Finally got some very beneficial rain yesterday and overnight. No downpours, just nice soaking rain.

It has been funny reading the long term weather forecast based on El Nino taking hold. One week we will be wetter than normal over the winter, then we are going to be dryer, then back to wetter. Back and forth ever since they said El Nino is taking affect.

• Here it warmed up some, kept raining and then, towards dark it changed to freezing rain.....about a mile and a half down the road someone rolled over and snapped a power pole in half....they self extricated and I think the report was refused transport to the hospital.  My power went off and then back on...just enough off to have to reset my old oven and old alarm clock...also the computer this morning and the barn radio.

Tessa loves the sharp cold how she races and tears.  I forget that it is mare weather.

Son due here tomorrow from HI for a visit.  I made reservations at a local eatery for their buffet.

Hope all are well and critters are good.