Quick Post

This is Saturday but Thursday came with

This is Saturday but Thursday came with
  • sorrow and shock and tons of "why"s.  

Someone set fire to a barn full of race horses and , although the fire was quickly managed, at least 31 horses breathed their last.  Horses, harnesses, all equipment, all buckets and brushes, EVERYTHING was lost.  Tioga Downs.  Sister track to Vernon Downs.  The Vernon horsemen are doing their best to donate equipment to the trainers/owners....a truckload is even on its way from California.....I understand including a donated race horse.  One couple lost everything...their entire livelihood.    My heart aches for the people and I can not even to begin to think of what the horses went through.

the culprit was caught and charged with arson and a few other charges but as of yet, no animal cruelty charges have been lodged.  Horsemen are emailing, snail mailing, and petitioning the DA in Tioga County, NY to pursue animal cruelty charges.

My heart aches.

• There are a lot of mentally ill people out there. It is very sad to see this.  Hopefully the animal cruelty changes will be added, one for each horse.

• sincerely hope so....the local track is sending petitions and asking for letters and emails to the DA and our Senator asking for animal cruelty charges...apparently the final death count was 30.  So very sad.  Love how the tracks across the country are rallying and sending support...emotional and financial and in equipment...even horses.