Quick Post

Wetter Wednesday

Wetter Wednesday
  • We got an inch of rain Amen.
    Forecast for more all week.
    We hope it happens.

Have a great midweek.
  • We were doing good with rain up thru August, then poof, very little. Supposed to be a wet winter though, we shall see.

We got our first 20 RBs delivered and our source says he has plenty for our planned delivery the end of Winter or early Spring. Last year it was a challenge.

Need to work on getting square bales.

• rain a bit this morning....supposed to rain Sunday.  Have been blessed this year with rain...and decent first cut hay weather.  My winter hay is paid for and Tom (neighbot) brings it to me two rounds at a time

• Not so good a day yesterday.  Auntie Bea is gone.  She had a stroke (my guess anyway) Monday night and lost the use of her left side.  She went down Tuesday night around eight and wasn't able to get up.  I tried numerous times to get her up and it just wasn't going to happen.  Tried without success on Wednesday morning and decided it was time to let go.  She was between thirty-eight and forty years old.  A long life for the sweetest of ponies.  I will miss her nickers, particularly first thing in the morning and the greeting whenever I arrived here at the Walkingbear.  If any pony ever deserved Heaven, it was Bea Bea.

Went to Fawn Lodge to throw the cover over my tomato plants in a desperate effort to save what I could.  Both Tomatoes and Peppers.  Didn't dare pull it off to check this morning as it was 28 degrees.  The plastic is kind of hard to see through, however they looked pretty good anyway.

Hope everyone around here has a great week.

• So very sorry about your loss.  So hard on our hearts when this happens.