Quick Post

Saturday Solar Eclipse

Saturday Solar Eclipse
  • We had prime viewing.

Connie, So glad you are back.
    And sorry about Banker.

I recently had Tonto put to rest.
    His eye was just getting unmanageable.
    And he spent the last several years alone in the arena.

Big dogs just need obedience training.
    A cart might be helpful.

I saddled Chica today.
    Haven't ridden her in months and months.
    She did fine on just a doodle around the barn area.
    A few tail swishes but nothing more than usual.

I have been riding Sarcee cause I love to ride her. And hoping someone wants to ride her and I can take Chica.
    Going to take Sarcee for another trail ride tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a sunny weekend.

• I wasn't even aware there was any kind of eclipse.  The shadows just looked kind of weird and it was not as light as usual.  Thought it was due to cloud cover to the southeast.  I really can't see much of the sun this time of year till almost ten o'clock in the morning anyway.  So between the two, not very visible here.  Didn't know there was such a thing happening till it was over.

VERY sorry to hear about Tonto, DH.

Connie, there is a fellow in Ohio that makes a reproduction of the Studebaker Jr. Wagon once produced by Studebaker and (after they stopped making wagons) the South Bend Toy Company.
    T
    his one is an antique.  However Mr Stoltzfus' little wagon is identical.  He does a beautiful job with the paint too.

• I did not know about the eclipse either.  Found out after the fact when s FB friend said they went to the observation place at a local college and , because of the cloud cover, watched it on a live video feed from a place with fewer clouds

•  August 2017 we were in the path of totality for a total solar eclipse. I took a 1/2 day off from work to expereince it with the horses. They could have cared less. When the eclipse start it was 90, at totality it had dropped to 73.

Here is a picture I took with a 35mm camera of my Dad's. Had a filter and the pictures came out great. However, I had to send the film off to get developed and had to wait a couple weeks to see my results.

• great memory captured forever.