Quick Post

Sunday September 4

Sunday September 4
  • Sunshine after a week of clouds and rain.
    Everything is all green and blooming.
    It should be dry enough to ride tomorrow so we shall.

I think I'll take Sarcee.
    I haven't ridden her in quite awhile.

Tuesday I have another helper so I will tackle Tonto's hooves.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend!
  • Well, Raven is laminitic again.  I took her into the Vet after she didn't improve over a two week period.  I thought at first she was just having problems with thin soles.  No, the thin soles were a precursor to the break down.  We're right back where we started four or five years ago.  Spent nearly half of my income this month on her.  She's on B-L pellets.  The Vet wanted me to use Bute, but I don't like the stuff.  She and the Farrier worked on Raven for four hours on Friday night.  They constructed four custom boots and glued them on her.  Ugly buggers, but if they work, I could care less what they look like.  The vet said she would be sore on Saturday, but that it would smooth out.  She was sore today, however was moving around a lot better.

Raven woke up sore on Saturday and barely moved around.  She was sore this morning, however went to the bottom of her corral which she hasn't done for a month.  So I let her out in the Arena.  Not very lively, however she did move around quite a bit and took a little nap with Auntie Bea standing over her.  If she doesn't improve over the next few months, I'm going to have to call it quits with her.  

This unrelenting heat appears to be at an end.  The weather report calls for it to end on Friday and actually a chance of rain a week from Monday.  I'll believe it when I see it.