Quick Post

Holiday Monday

Holiday Monday
  • No holiday here.
    I hope Face is making it ok with the ice.
    A few warm days here and then we have ice in our forecast.

Now I have 2 horses, Jet and Sarcee on alfalfa it goes faster.
    I have a couple days worth left but will need to get some.
    If the coastal squares are good I'll get those instead.

Everyone have a great day!

• We survived, We lost power at 8:38AM Sunday morning. We got it back 7:15PM Sunday. This wasn't bad as there were still a lot of people out Monday night. We did dip into our backup water supply for the horses for their barn buckets. One horse will not drink water from her water bucket. She doesn't eat a lot of hay either. She does not particularly like being in the barn.

When outside you could here the constant crashing of trees and large tree limbs. Sister across the street is out of town and I went over there to get the generator going for her girls. Had to stop 4 times to clear the way for the UTV to get up the driveway to the house. Most of the tree damage is pine trees. They cannot handle the ice. We have 3 big ones near the house that we are thinking of taking down.

Another possible winter storm coming this Friday. I would rather have snow than ice.

• I got my old Studebaker wagon going and drove it home from Oak Run on Monday.  Made it with only a minor hiccup about half-way in a sixty-five year old car!  Great and fun day!  Always miss the horses when I'm here.  I have to figure out how to get them a place up here  so I can take at least one of them when I go.