Quick Post

Monday Shakes

Monday Shakes
  • It was a shakey Monday. Wife and I felt 1 earthquake. She felt 2 aftershocks and then there was a 3rd aftershock which we slept thru.

Looked at video of horses when 1st one hit, they showed no signs of caring. 

• Face,

That's a lot of shaking.

And a really full house for Christmas.

It was nice you could all be together.

We had a couple good rides Sunday and Monday.

No earthquakes unless you count Tex jumping into the trailer.

He is such a silly boy.

Monday's ride was a bit cloudy and cool but we took advantage of the after Christmas lull.

Winter is supposed to arrive again on New Years so we will do some more preparing.

I hope everyone has good last few days of 2021!

• We had a 6.9 a week ago last Monday.  It was in Petrolia on the coast.  All we got was a mild rattler.  

Snowed again the last few day.  The "atmospheric river" that our local forecasters were trying to scare us with over Christmas week was a dusting, at best.  Seems to me the news services were trying to keep us home over Christmas.  A cheesy attempt, if that were so.  Yeah, Tehachapi got eight feet, but they're at over seven thousand feet!  All the same, the fifteen foot banks are impressive to look at.

Frigid temps here and I'm out of pain meds.  Getting by and not getting much done.

•  feeling stronger and more energetic every day....taking time off to obey Dr's orders takes some recovery time I am finding out.

Still thinking I need only one horse....not sure what to do with Echo...she is showing me more and more she is not the horse I can enjoy keeping....even if I did buy her a special saddle pad, I can use it on another horse.

Every once in a while, someone who has been on here mentions tumble weeds.  Step daughter lives in AZ.  She sent me this picture of a tumbleweed Christmas Tree.....

• Connie, I am so glad you are getting better!

And Cal also I hope.

That is an impressive tree.

Even more impressive that it is tumbleweeds.

Happy New Year!