Quick Post

Saturday and

Saturday and
  • heaving a big sigh.  Once again Whisper is off her norm. I , out of pure laziness, shorted her on her OGS yesterday.  She apparently did not eat last night.  She would not drink this morning.  I have her out in the paddock.  I made her move for quite a while.  She is not in distress.  Gave her some banamine orally.  Now it is wait and see. 

I swear she knows I had plans to look at another horse today.    A gaited mare who has been stabled too far from feed for too long.  Girl wants too much money for her...she came through an auction and she seems to want to at least quadruple her investment.  This mare could not have brought much at the sale.  Ah, well, I would like to see her and check her mouth.  Probably should not today.  Whisper needs to be watched.

Just the two of us for dinner Thursday and we both overate...it was so good.  Only two pieces of pie left the next morning.  He had one for breakfast and the other for dessert after breakfast.

Hope all are well.

• Rain here! Finally.

Silly cows are waiting until bad weather to have their calves.

One would not come up to eat with the others. Just close enough we could see her.

Turner trudged out and fed her a couple handfuls.

We expect 3 calves in quick succession this weekend. 2 are ours, 1 is our partners.

Pecan pie was had for breakfast here yesterday.

Whisper be well!

• I can relate to a constant threat of colic.  Socks won't drink unless his tank is crystal clear.  Then the idiot will get a drink with a mouthful of hay.  Turns the water foul and he won't drink again!  Such a frustrating cycle.

Saw a Slat-Sided Phaeton for sale near Phoenix.  They are willing to trade for my nice (as in for shows only) KG Cart.  They are willing to bring it to Mojave and I am to meet them there.  Problem is, I'm running into a snag to the deal.

Glad to hear you all had a good thanksgiving.  Face's holiday cut short aside.

We were supposed to get rain this coming week.  It slowly petered away and now seems unlikely.  Pity that.

Hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

• Whisper is pretty much her normal self now...Sunday morning.  She drank about 2/3 gallons of hot water...didn't touch the water in the bucket in her stall.  Ate her hay and was thankful for her grain.   I have another order of OGS coming .  I just opened my last bag yesterday.  Pricy but it seems to do the trick.  I should research and see if I could make it myself.