Quick Post

Friday Froggy

Friday Froggy
  • It is very foggy this morning.
    Another hurricane is churning in the gulf but it will swerve and miss again.
    The only weather we will get from it is Sunday will be very hot.

A big frog has settled into my plant area and water bucket on the front porch.
    He seems happy to be there and I hope he will keep mosquito larvae out of the plant water.

My friend Tiffany's horse, Ransom is at the vet with a corneal ulcer.
    She had no confidence that she could get the very important drops in his eye 6 times a day.
    So she has left it to the pros.
    Good call, after dealing with Tonto's eye issues I know I couldn't do it successfully.
    She reconvenes with the vets on Monday.

I am working an extra shift today at resale.
    We had a very large food donation at the help center yesterday.
    I opted out of my non necessary resale shift to handle the food donation.
    And Pilot and I went to pick up a furniture donation from a friend.
    I will deliver the furniture to resale this morning.

Face the ear tags last 3-4 months? I think you can get a bag of 20 at TSC.

Everyone have a fun Friday!

• Been away for what seems like forever.  Cal is released to return to work in another week.  Son will return to Hawaii in another week..  Whisper is behaving herself.  I didn't order Organic Gut Solution soon enough so she is out of it until the new batch arrives.  She certainly is gassy...hoping it gets here soon.  Not a  hint of colic since I started her on it.

Just got her feet done again...have decided that her stumbles are always happening in the same place and it is a place where her mind is not on me...so, best solution in my book is not ride her in that place.  I put tendon boots on her and I think she liked them.  Bell boots are on their way since Eric thinks they might help her.  She doesn't hit but it might make her more aware of where her feet are.  I put hind boots on her and she walked so funny!!  Kind of like the videos of dogs wearing doggie boots for the first time.

Son has been putting up boards inside the shed that is attached to the barn....14' x 30',  I want to use it for a run in and this way she won't be kicking through the pole barn sides and tearing her legs up.  Using oak fence boards the neighbors put out for free when they changed to high tensile.  What a blessing to have them and not have to buy lumber.  Hope it gets done before he leaves.  Then next step is drainage out there and stone dust.  One step at a time.

Hope everyone is well, I will try to read all the posts I have missed.  Bless you all.