Quick Post

Sunday Slowly

Sunday Slowly
  • decreasing rain chances for the week.
    But no sunshine forecast until Saturday.
    We got 2.6 total rain.

Slogging through the mud.
    I am pretty sure that is what is causing my hip pain.
    And no riding of course.

Did some work in the sewing room yesterday.
    It was actually productive.
    I pulled some more material for masks.
    My friend is making about 30 day.
    Rather complicated ones with pipe cleaners sewn in for nose.
    Also pockets for filters.

Today is cooking day.
    Need to do meals for sis.
    Roast chicken and pan of mac and cheese.
    Chow mein and rice.

Got some assorted boneless chops cheaper than pork butt.
    I find some crazy good priced meat finds every once in a while.
    We had grilled chops last night.
    And I will crockpot a couple for pulled pork.

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday,be well and careful.

• Jmebear is making those masks too!  However, we have found one pipecleaner is not enough to keep the nose-piece in place.  She has a fabric stiffner which she is using as a filter.  that way no risk of Fibreglas fibers and the problems involved with that.

Mud... oh yeah, we have that in spades here!  Slippery, but thankfully not deep.  Digging those trenches was an exercise in frustration.  I'd pull up a nice big bucketful of clay and it wouldn't... let... go!  So I would have to raise the B.H. bucket up way high and attack it with the flat blade of the pike.  Time-consuming and hard work, that!   Noto mention how soft it was up front.  At one point I had to use my truck to pull the tractor out.  Normally, I can use the Backhoe and Loader to walk it out of the spot.  Nothis time!  Way too soft for that!  But with both together, walking and pulling, I was able to free it in aboutwenty minutes.  OI!!  Barn-yard project was firmer, however complicated by close quarters and, again, sticky clay.

So nice to have everything working again on my truck!

I hope everyone has a great and blessed Sunday!

• My wife will be working on masks today.

Got two rides in over the weekend and moved horses to upper pasture for the 1st time this year. They don't need hay up there and we need to conserver.

Tried Lowe's Home Improvement Curbside Pickup yesterday. Complete failure.

1. Parked in Curbside pickup space. Call the number on the sign. No one would answer and ring would change to busy toned. Tried a 2nd time, same thing.

2. Went in store. Girl brought me my stuff. Order was missing an item which was on the pick list and I had paid for. Item was from lawn and garden so she called them, several times, no one would answer.

3. SO I had to go get the missing item myself and stand in line with proof that I had already paid for it, plus go to other side of store and back to get a proper cart.

Lowe's has had buy on line pick up at store for a LONG time and I have used that in the past so no excuse on the order being incomplete. Curbside is new to them and I expect some issues, but the solution is rather simple. Someone mans that phone line and that is all they do. Curbside when I got there was not packed, one other car with person also trying to call. You then have dedicated staff that that is ALL they do, take stuff to the waiting vehicles. Pickers also need to be check items off the list as they get them. Funny thing is, the only item that was checked was the one missing.

Spent 45 mins in the store. They have lost my business while this virus is around. More Amazon for me.

• I can understand your frustration Face.  It's sad all the American-owned building supplies are gone.  However I find Home Depot is a slight bit better.  However HD has no Curb-Side, just Will-Call.  However Tractor Supply has Curb-Side and it even works reasonably well.  Especially if one is a fan of the Keystone Kops, like I am.  Those kids do try hard, but what a comedy tour!

• it's sad

• Welcome Romasia1