Quick Post

Sunday night, nearly Monday morning - It's Dark!! VOTE VOTE VOTE

Sunday night, nearly Monday morning - It's Dark!! VOTE VOTE VOTE
  • First day of...is it Daylight Saving time or is that what just ended? All I know is it's going to be dark in the evening but not in the morning at the dog park. There's good and bad there.
    It's been crazy but that's my life. All is well. Dogs, me. I met some amazing friends who are runners. A couple who are training for a 30 mile run. They also run with burros. She's a TIP trainer for the BLM burros. She could train the Mustangs, too, but she prefers the burros. She's pretty amazing. Her husband comes from a foxhunting background. Then a couple in the 70s who run marathons. A lady in her 80s who is still running. Other misc people and they all meet on Wednesday for a social session, to which I was invited last week. What a great bunch. (I brought cookies)
    OH I visited Karin, crazy burro lady and her husband. Lovely home, reminded me of Sane Haven. She has 4 burros, 2 mules, 1 horse and is training burros number 9 & 10 of the year. I got to learn some about training burros. These are superstars. Anyway, I predict a trail ride soon.
    No rain here. Once since I've been here, I think 3 months.
    Work is picking up steam and getting fun. I'm enjoying being here.
    I hope the week is a great one! Hopefully everyone will dry out and Fancy is healing well.
    (I never thought I'd hear Harper complain about too much rain. How's the Dane Haven saga?)
    Miss you guys. I'm going to try to get on my laptop more and less fb time on my phone, which can eat up my life.
  • I prefer more light in the evening. No matter how the clocks are set it is dark in the morning when I get up.

Fancy is doing good. Rode Apache yesterday morning and he refused to head down to where we usually go. Fine, go where you want. which may mean a short ride. I am not going to argue or push too hard when I am by myself on a horse. He decided to go up a steep hill, cross the road and do the trail around our house. OK, he was very willing, just didn't want to do what I wanted. Later I walked the trail he didn't want to do and saw it was completely blocked by fallen trees. Hmmmmm Maybe he knew.

Fancy is out of her boots. I let them all out to wander around yesterday afternoon and I did various things I never saw any antics out of her. Saw the Arabs acting crazy which is normal. Then I finally sat down to rest and  Fancy limping bad. Hmmm. One boot was totally destroyed and there was only fabric around her ankle, no sole. The other was was completely backwards. Whatever she did she made sure I wasn't looking  when it happened. Needless to say, no more boots for her. She is walking fine with only the slightest hint of a limp.

• Oh yeah. We mailed our votes in last week. We started voting via absentee and will never go to the polls again. We can check online to see when they get the ballots and when they are counted.

I am of the thought that I want FEWER people to vote. If you take the time to do some research and can provide a good answer for why you voted for someone or some thing, then please vote, otherwise, stay home.