Quick Post

Sunday silly

Sunday silly
  • I turned Sarcee and Tonto out yesterday late afternoon.
    Tonto walked out several yards and drop his head to graze.
    Sarcee just ran and ran circles around where he stood grazing. Silly girl!
    Wow is she quick in a turn. I always thought she would be a great barrel horse.

Still a bit too wet but they just need out. I will turn the other three out today.
    Slowly one at a time to possibly prevent total chaos and tearing up of the whole place.

Pilot flew over to Rockdale yesterday while I did my extra volunteer shift.
    An acquaintance of his has organized a group of youngsters to do a home built aircraft.

Maybe a late brunch out somewhere today.
    I really need to get with sis and have her cut my hair.

Everyone have an awesome sunny Sunday!

• Stude,  a properly adjusted buxton should do as much for holding a saddle as any *** collar with a strap that goes to the girth.  The big plus is it does not restrict the shoulder movement.  

Went to a  feed store sale where they had folks come in with used tack and  feed mill reps.  got a nice blanket for Bella...needs to be sewn in front but it is clean and was only $10.00.  Also got some good winter barn boots on sale. Oh, and another rope hay bag.  Holds an entire bale and is NOT nylon.

Cold and rainy but a decent day otherwise.  

• Connie, a *** Collar is for pulling a vehicle of some sort.  The strap that attaches to the dee at the centre and goes to the girth, is a False Martingale.  It prevents the collar from riding up and cutting off or restricting the wind of the horse.  The Walsh in that picture that wouldn't cooperate, is for a Quick-Hitch racing harness.  The difference between the Martingale for a Western Saddle (Or Buxton, as it seems to be commonly called) and a *** Collar is that the Western tack usually has a big ring in the centre where it is divided in half with the false Martingale going to the girth.  A true *** collar is one piece with a dee sewn in on the bottom-centre of the collar for the Martingale.

It really distresses me when I see the careless confusion of terminology not only by regular people but the tack suppliers as well.  Using the same terminology for Driving equipment as for Saddle equipment is going to lead to confusion and ignorant people being further confused.  I run into this a lot with people in Driving whom have been taught by other ignorant people who know a bit about driving and are using incorrect and confusing terminology.  Like "shaves" instead of Shafts or Buxton instead of *** Collar.  Just to be clear (and keep myself out of trouble) I am not pointing at you with this, but Stateline tack (among others) that misnames tack.

Very sorry, mini-rant over.

Edit:

Honestly, this website is getting ridiculous!  The word starred out is b-r-e-a-s-t.  Apparently this doesn't meet PC requirements.  Being that this site is now hosted in the UK (as I understand it) I'm not surprised.