Quick Post

Saturday sending

Saturday sending
  • our rain chances on Wednesday to Stude.

We had sunshine all day yesterday which did some drying of muck in the pens.
    I took 3 out on lead (separately) to graze an hour each.
    It is still wet enough for them to pull some out by the roots.
    Maybe later today it will have dried enough to put a couple for an hour or 2.

I have my extra Saturday volunteer shift today.
    Possible my sis is coming this evening to cut my hair,
    I will fix some dinner. Probably another ground beef recipe I have been working on.

I to was perplexed by "buxton". I get perplexed easily it seems. ;)
    Looked it up and found it was a br east collar pretty quickly.
    I have some wither straps but have failed to use them yet.
    My concern is proper adjustment?

I do need to get everyone's tack in order and properly adjusted.
    Riding to commence soon I hope.
    I have been using one saddle between the girls. The only adjustment having to be the off billet on the girth.
    An extra saddle that will fit is at the ready for when B rides and we take both girls.
    B prefers one particular saddle on Sarcee and I don't blame her because it is my favorite saddle also.
    We are hoping to find another by the same maker some day.

The boys each have their own saddles. Tex still needs to have the treeless properly rigged.
    I saw a cool new western bareback pad but I have a sufficient number of bareback pads already.
    Although Christmas is coming?

Everyone have a safe Saturday.

• I like the buxtons because they are more easily adjusted for free shoulder movement.  I think this one is a bit loose but a standardbred gal pronounced it fine, still, when I look at photos of Standies, the look a  bit tighter.  I will have better luck when I actually use it.  I like that they attach up closer to the pommel so there is not that pull across the chest.  Still have to adjust one for Whisper.

• Okay... Um if you are talking about this, the application is for pulling a Sulky, not keeping a Saddle from sliding back:

I suspect the term 'Buxton' is incorrectly applied in this case.  What happened to just calling them a *** Plate or collar?  But even then, the confusion will also reign supreme as a *** Collar for a driving horse is considerably different than for a riding horse.  One is a draught collar and the other is more of a Martingale.

Are we confused yet???   At the risk of making a donkey's derriere of myself, I assume you are talking about the Martingale-ish accouterment?

Got out two big'uns today.  Crystal and Socks.  Both were excellent.  Crystal was a bit of a ball of fire.  She wants to go places and do things, poor thing.  Considering she hasn't been worked for nearly two years, she did beautifully.  Socks was just a very good boy.  He's finally reaching out more.  I know he is capable of doing a nice extension, it's just getting him to know that.

Day two of going without Naproxin.  Things are getting a bit ouchy.  The Veinologist has insisted no NSAIDs.  He also insists on my wearing some kind of compression stockings every day.  At eight bucks a pair, I told him I can't afford it.   He is afraid of a reaction with the blood thinner causing bleeding ulcers or worse.  I have an appointment with my GP about this.  I researched the Compression Stockings and there's a sport-version called Leg-sleeves.  The Dr's office okay'd the use of them as long as my feet don't swell.  At that, I could just get the ankle-sock version in addition to the sleeves.  One can get ten pair of the ankle socks for the cost of one pair of the taller socks.  Sounds good to me!  Have to figure this one out.

Well, I need to go beddy-bye, bye.    

I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!

Edit:

Okay... got a problem with the first picture.  I can see it in edit mode and when saving it the picture won't display.  Well, it's too late tonight so that problem will have to wait for later tomorrow.