Quick Post

Wow that was wet!

Wow that was wet!
  • To top off our foot of rain we had the hurricane remnants wash over us.
    Sunny skies starting today.
    The horse pens are flooded. All are standing in thick mucky water.
    I need to invest in a couple gallons of listerine for their feet and coats.

The ground is saturated so there is no where for the water to go. We will have to rebuild the pens drainage-wise.
    At least we will have grass through the winter.

I spent some indoor time working on my recipe books.
    I am rewriting a nice set of my recipes so they can be found easier and are legible and clean.
    A perfected salisbury steak recipe yesterday was approved to add to the ground beef collection.
    Maybe I should do a separate book just for ground beef.

Speaking of books, B has finished the final draft of her and Ed the farrier's collaboration.
    I am hoping Connie is felling better and everyone else is well.

Think dry thoughts for my herd.
    Everyone have a great day!
  • Getting our hurricane remnants now. We use to do Oyster Roast on a regular basis and haven't done one in years. Tomorrow we do it again. We use to do them for *** cancer survivors after my wife became a survivor. This past summer my sister-in-law became a survivor and we decided it was time for another roast in her honor. Rain will move out today and tomorrow looks to be partly sunny.  We were thinking rain was going to be a big issue tomorrow and everything would be set up in the barn, except me, I would be doing the oysters under  a horse shelter behind the barn.

• Found a deal on buxtons so bought a group of three.  They arrived Wednesday.  Thursday,  I brushed Bella, put a saddle on her, adjusted it, and put on the buxton.  She looks great with bling.  The buxton is black but it has a red wrap with rhinestones.  The bling is nice against her black and white body.  I did get on a stool and lean over her.  She looked at me like I was a bit demented.  Rather like, get down or get on.  I had promised I would not ride her without a helmet and someone here so I did not get on.  I really had a good time with her...no thoughts in the head other than what I was doing.  Refreshing.

It is now Friday and I have PT this morning.  Still a little ouchy from doing the take home work yesterday.  Oh, well, he always asks how I feel and if I am hurting he will probably go easy on me.

Will be glad when we go on normal time.  Too danged dark out there to do much of anything.  I have to go down the road to get to the barn and feel safer waiting until daylight.

• Buxtons?  Okay, the only Buxton I know of is a bit.  What are you talking about Connie?

Wish you all could send a bit of that rain our way.  Not much, just enough to water the grass.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

•  A buxton is a *** collar that they now use  on harness horses.  No  tugs.  It has a wither strap and a pair of straps to connect to your saddle or harness, and a center one to go back to the girth.  *** collar is much easier term for saddle horse people but I found when looking for one of these that they are called Buxtons.   Here is a picture of her with the one with "bling".